Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

The West's approach has consistently been to help Ukraine defend itself, but not to start or have any involvement in attacking Russia itself. And indeed the support is conditional on Ukraine not using western weapons to attack Russian territory.

which is what Luhansk , Donetsk , Kherson and Zaporizhzhia now are , in Russia's eyes at least 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, bickster said:

Dunno how he's going to do that when his entire military is only 60K with less than 6K able to be deployed in forward roles.

Pvt. Chair

Cpl. Pen

Lt. Desk

Sgt. Bin

Pvt. Notepad

Maj. Phone 

Cmdr. Stapler

Lt. Staples

Pvt. Pen Jr.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats my point.It was ok before to assist Ukraine to defend itself,but now that Russia is calling up conscripts surely that changes the rules? Giving Putin a taste of his owne medicine may ( just may ) call a halt to this silliness.

Sorry, you missed (my fault) the depiction of the hypocrisy within the 2 lines in inverted commas. I meant that to point out that that the west is defending an attacked country, and that's good. So if attacking a country is bad, then the West shouldn't assist in doing that, or else it's massive hypocrisy, apart from anything else. And Tbh Ukraine has nothing to gain from attacking Russia itself.

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

which is what Luhansk , Donetsk , Kherson and Zaporizhzhia now are , in Russia's eyes at least 

Not even Russia really believes that.

But it offers Russia some things - like you say framing Ukrainian action in those provinces as attacks on Russian soil, and also it removes a bargaining chip from Russia - if they are Russian territory, then no peace deal or treaty can "surrender" them back to Ukraine, realistically.

Putin's speech earlier today was just another 10 minutes of hogwash about the West. Xi must be getting quite tired of Vlad. It's not good for business.

I think Putin expected us to cower after he attacked his own pipes. Turns out that no one's really that faced.. It's an own goal of proportions yet again. A bit like sending your best troops in massive air drop planes to land them on an airfield next to three S-300 batteries in Kyiv or going gung ho on the only road not slush in February..

Nato need to raise the stakes, stick planes in the air and move missile launchers onto the border with the Ukraine They need to test Putin's nerve, maybe get some war Crime investigators onto the frontline and publicise it so Putin knows he will be killing them if he launches an attack. Truss could visit the frontline he would know we mean business.......

IF nukes are used then we really are on the road to a full scale war in Europe, we have to try and stop him launching them as once he does things could move very quickly. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

IF nukes are used then we really are on the road to a full scale war in Europe, we have to try and stop him launching them as once he does things could move very quickly. 

He's not going to use nukes. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon if a nuke is used by Putin then a call goes in to one of his senior chiefs that says either you kill him in the next 24 hours or Moscow is getting flattened.

I think this is the case,  if he looks like he will do it then his time in office is over I suspect.

• Like 1

Â