• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It's something the U.S has been very clear on.

The US couldn't be anymore clear. NSA advisor interview linked below from The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/25/us-russia-ukraine-war-nuclear-weapons-jake-sullivan

“We have communicated directly, privately and at very high levels to the Kremlin that any use of nuclear weapons will be met with catastrophic consequences for Russia, that the US and our allies will respond decisively, and we have been clear and specific about what that will entail,

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mobilised "reservists" in Crimea

vmnortwe3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&asb57xq5f3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&as73pl4ff3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

"Don't panic, Don't panic!"

"We're doomed"

Looks like a trendy vicar.  Beatles hair, John Lennon glasses and a hipster beard.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Historically, yes. 

Doesn't work in the 21st Century. 

He will still have a go though,  I don't think he totally understands the modern world.

Creating 1000's of dead or wounded soldiers is something Russia can ill afford long term either.  Lost GDP or long term care as opposed to creating revenue.

Its approx. $500 k per dead person as it is (Lifetime GDP).  If you factor care for wounded its a comical self inflicted disaster.

Putin is slowly turning into Alf Garnett.  Just wants the old times back.

It all seems a bit "over by Christmas" for many brainwashed Russians.  Some mother was interviewed after putting her son on a bus the other day and said they would all "run around a bit and get fit" in Ukraine.  Wasn't the remotest bit worried.  

The genuinely don't seem to have the foggiest idea what's going on.

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mobilised "reservists" in Crimea

vmnortwe3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&asb57xq5f3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&as73pl4ff3kq91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

"Don't panic, Don't panic!"

"We're doomed"

I bet those shiny looking guns are taken off them as soon as the cameras stop rolling and they are handed a rusty blunderbuss each as the guns await the next set of conscripts for their photo op.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I bet those shiny looking guns are taken off them as soon as the cameras stop rolling and they are handed a rusty blunderbuss each as the guns await the next set of conscripts for their photo op.

Probably a blunderbus taken from the Crimean War Museum, thin red line and all that.

They'll mount these old men on wagons and catapult them into modern day weaponry any day now.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Early retirement incoming for most of this lot. A proper grandads army and embarrassing that this is what is has come to for Russia, sending old men to fight. It's quite pathetic. 

Not to revive it too much again, but any position whereby appeasement seems a good idea, at this point in the conflict, is based on fear. There was a time not long ago when Russia could be appeased, but those days are completely over. Personally it's why I think someone other than Russia has snapped their pipes, to ensure we don't go back to the previous status quo as wouldn't it be easy for the Germans to cave? You can see it. I used to be a bit naive too when it came to the definition of evil, now it is clear, the leaders and some soldiers there are pure unfettered demonic evil and must be removed at all costs, there is no future for them.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Personally it's why I think someone other than Russia has snapped their pipes

Yesterday, I was thinking it was most likely Russian military acting unilaterally, because they wanted Putin to be more severe / aggressive in his tactics.

Today, I think it was on Putin's orders. Reason why - they broke 2 unused (currently) pipelines, just after a new Norway to Europe gas pipeline was opened. So it seems like a "look, we can break your (EU &UK) energy feed any time we like, as you saw us demonstrate with the NS 1 & 2 pipes" threat of escalation/retaliation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yesterday, I was thinking it was most likely Russian military acting unilaterally, because they wanted Putin to be more severe / aggressive in his tactics.

Today, I think it was on Putin's orders. Reason why - they broke 2 unused (currently) pipelines, just after a new Norway to Europe gas pipeline was opened. So it seems like a "look, we can break your (EU &UK) energy feed any time we like, as you saw us demonstrate with the NS 1 & 2 pipes" threat of escalation/retaliation.

It's a mystery for sure - but the only thing I find odd about the theory they are demonstrating their ability to blow shit up, is that they've already done worse with the likes of passenger airplanes and radioactive posionings. That they've slapped some TNT onto a sea bed pipe, whilst removing a means to divide Europe (i.e. get The Germans, Italians, buying gas again) - just doesn't appear very much of a threat, a sideways step at best.  

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That they've slapped some TNT onto a sea bed pipe, whilst removing a means to divide Europe (i.e. get The Germans, Italians, buying gas again) - just doesn't appear very much of a threat, a sideways step at best.  

I think the threat is not about the Germans, Italians, buying gas from Russia again, but that Russia can break the supply from Norway to Europe /UK  if they want to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think the threat is not about the Germans, Italians, buying gas from Russia again, but that Russia can break the supply from Norway to Europe /UK  if they want to. 

Yep after much thought last night, This was probably the most likely, sabotage your own, now redundant, pipes as a threat to the ones that aren't yours

At least it shows that Putin realises he's not selling energy to Europe again, anytime soon

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep after much thought last night, This was probably the most likely, sabotage your own, now redundant, pipes as a threat to the ones that aren't yours

At least it shows that Putin realises he's not selling energy to Europe again, anytime soon

Surely Norway's anti-sub boats together with a few other NATO nation's patrols would be able to keep these lines safe now that they're aware of it.  NAMMO (the company that designed NASAMS) have also developed frighteningly effective anti-sub weaponry. At this point I presume our own navy together with Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Holland and Poland (tho not much of a navy in Poland) will be intercepting anything suspicious. I doubt Russia would even dare to attack the Norwegian pipes as it's essentially a declaration of war on NATO.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

Â