• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you saying that me organising a Thursday night clap isn't going to work?

Look I’ve tried everything, I’ve even changed my twitter header to blue and yellow.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Come on everyone, time to do your bit. We're down to the last few signatures (citation needed) to force Putin to stop.

Thank xxxx for that.  It was starting to get messy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I wonder though if that “us against the world” attitude is something human beings in general (not just Russians) are very good at adapting to.

North Korea, Mourinho’s first Chelsea team, the punk rock revivalists Towers of London… they all just learn embrace the hatred and the pariah status, it becomes a positive part of your identity.

There is a reason history keeps repeating itself

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you saying that me organising a Thursday night clap isn't going to work?

It would have. Unfortunately the country was forced to use the last reserves of clapping power getting Boris out of the ICU and raising enough funds in Captain Tom Moore's™️ memory to make it worthwhile for his family to embezzle. 

• Haha 1

One for history’s calendar, a battle to define not just Ukraine’s future but the security of Europe.

Let’s hope we’ve reinforced them enough to halt Russian forces. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I can't get over how crazy these close to real-time updates are. Give it a few years and we'll be paying £9.99 a month for live-streams from warzones around the globe.

Gulf War II

Watched a fair bit of that live, I had to get up early and would stick the tv on for an hour and watch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Why is this new offensive a big deal? I thought they already controlled the Donbas region.

Russians controlled about a third of the Donbas before 24th of Feb. They’ve taken a little more since then but Ukraine still controls at least half of the region. As of this evening anyway. 

38 minutes ago, Awol said:

Russians controlled about a third of the Donbas before 24th of Feb. They’ve taken a little more since then but Ukraine still controls at least half of the region. As of this evening anyway. 

This is a really tough situation. The Donbas region has been pro-Russian for however long, they have declared themselves independent already… part of me thinks.. just let them leave and be absorbed by Russia? 

But then of course there is the argument of not letting Russia get what it wants… will Russia think it has enough land if it takes the Donbas, and the strip leading to the Crimea? Or will it continue further inland? 

I just can’t see how this ends… 

What do you make of it Awol? 

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is a really tough situation. The Donbas region has been pro-Russian for however long, they have declared themselves independent already… part of me thinks.. just let them leave and be absorbed by Russia? 

But then of course there is the argument of not letting Russia get what it wants… will Russia think it has enough land if it takes the Donbas, and the strip leading to the Crimea? Or will it continue further inland? 

I just can’t see how this ends… 

What do you make of it Awol? 

Who says the Donbas is pro-Russian? You need to realise that any declaration of Russianness is completely manufactured by Putin. The separatists were all Putin stooges.

I'll also wager it’s far less pro-Russian now

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can't get over how crazy these close to real-time updates are. Give it a few years and we'll be paying £9.99 a month for live-streams from warzones around the globe.

It will be on Sky along with Kabbadi when they lose the rights to the Premier League. 

If any consolation they might send Neville, Redknapp and the transfer goons live to the battlefield to cover it

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who says the Donbas is pro-Russian? You need to realise that any declaration of Russianness is completely manufactured by Putin. The separatists were all Putin stooges.

I'll also wager it’s far less pro-Russian now

20,000 civilian deaths in Mariupol alone will be the deciding factor. Most of those murdered by Russians will all have family affected. Russia may gain land but they will never win hearts and minds of the population as a whole. They've well and truly made enemies of most Ukrainians now. And not just those in the South. 

It's just mental really. Russia don't even have the means to rebuild the region, the Cities they've destroyed and they'll never enjoy peace long enough to be able to try. It's just such a crazy decision to go about things the way they have. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

I don't think the Ukrainians even have to aim any more.

I think most people have actually lost count of how many times this has happened. 15, 16, 17? (EDIT: 17th time now apparently)

Its where the Ukraine forces farm for XP

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't think the Ukrainians even have to aim any more.

I think most people have actually lost count of how many times this has happened. 15, 16, 17? (EDIT: 17th time now apparently)

Its where the Ukraine forces farm for XP

Someone should make a sped up video of all 17 with Benny Hill music.

Â