Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

10 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I am happy with that but it does seem like a kind of mockery towards Ukraine if Sweden and Finland are fast-tracked to be members.

It depends on the requirements for membership.

Sweden and Finland seem like countries that could have been members years ago if they wanted to.

• Like 2

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Russia were moving hardware up to the border  to Finland I think I saw somewhere, they flew jets equipped with nukes into Swedish airspace to intimidate and deter them against joining nato. Wonder if they’ll try another offensive soon then with this membership looking more than likely now.

12 minutes ago, AXD said:

It depends on the requirements for membership.

Sweden and Finland seem like countries that could have been members years ago if they wanted to.

Exactly. They’re not starting from the same place politically and SWE/FIN are already members of the Joint Expeditionary Force, which is a NATO initiative. Either could have joined whenever they wanted to in the past and are highly capable in their own right. From a UK perspective this is great, but it’s a nightmare for Moscow.

I also don’t see a point where France, Germany, or Hungary vote to admit Ukraine to NATO. Not as long as Putin is in power anyway.

A friend of mine,who believes everything Qanon says was telling me today that most of the stuff we read/hear about the war in Ukraine is a load of balls.He said,he saw ( on the Qanon website ) scenes about the war that were clearly from video games.In these circumstances I think Qanon should be hunted down and put away for life.The situation in the Ukraine is bad enough without this dipstick ridiculing it.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

A friend of mine,who believes everything Qanon says was telling me today that most of the stuff we read/hear about the war in Ukraine is a load of balls.He said,he saw ( on the Qanon website ) scenes about the war that were clearly from video games.In these circumstances I think Qanon should be hunted down and put away for life.The situation in the Ukraine is bad enough without this dipstick ridiculing it.

You should tell him Qanon and The Internet don't actually exist. 

The Internet is actually just a television programme which has been broadcast in a very very clever way to make it feel like it's interactive and Qanon are just an episode of that TV series written by Lee Child to promote his forthcoming book series. 

I can evidence this but it would beneath me to share this with Qanon sheeples. They're too narrow minded to absorb what's really going on here. 

• Like 1

This guy is a really good friend but I dont talk to him about anything serious ( I gave that up a long time ago ) he is really ( I mean really brainwashed by Qanon.What I mention above ,he said to me but I didnt respond because I think responding to that kind of drivel is not worth the effort.But,I still say that Qanon should be put away for life because the world,and Ukraine dont need that type of stuff right now,and,if anything Qanon are actually helping the Russians with this drivel.

What with France doing very little to support Ukraine with weapons, ‘outing’ UK-US presence in that country, and now undermining Biden to spout actual Kremlin propaganda lines, you’ve got to wonder what Macron is playing at?  Does this stuff really appeal to the French electorate?

16 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How do they know this ?

Opinion polling believe it or not

Opinion polling in a country where people are absolutely terrified in many cases to say what they actually think

• Like 3

Everyone so proud of Poland's efforts with refugees, but due to the ridiculously restrictive abortion laws, Ukrainian women raped and pregnant cannot have abortions because the rape has to be based on a conviction and not just 'he raped me'. The approach is to send them to psychologists and convince them having a kid is a good thing.

So proud.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I am happy with that but it does seem like a kind of mockery towards Ukraine if Sweden and Finland are fast-tracked to be members.

I  thought it  was impossible for Ukraine to join NATO even before the invasion due to the previous fighting in the east of the country and Crimea. A pre condition of joining NATO is to be no conflict within your borders.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I  thought it  was impossible for Ukraine to join NATO even before the invasion due to the previous fighting in the east of the country and Crimea. A pre condition of joining NATO is to be no conflict within your borders.

Oh Crap.  Does that mean we're going to be expelled?

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That’s right, which gives Ukraine even greater incentive to clear Russian forces out of their country now, opening the way for NATO membership. Same applies to Georgia and Moldova. 

The big lesson of 2004 NATO expansion (and Russia’s subsequent invasions) is to absorb and consolidate new members when we can, safeguarding them from future Russian aggression. What happens in Ukraine will determine the future orientation of other hostage states, desperately wanting to escape Russian domination and be part of the western democratic world.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

What with France doing very little to support Ukraine with weapons, ‘outing’ UK-US presence in that country, and now undermining Biden to spout actual Kremlin propaganda lines, you’ve got to wonder what Macron is playing at?  Does this stuff really appeal to the French electorate?

I wonder how much of it is trying to play to the Le Pen voters. Not good enough at all, though.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Everyone so proud of Poland's efforts with refugees, but due to the ridiculously restrictive abortion laws, Ukrainian women raped and pregnant cannot have abortions because the rape has to be based on a conviction and not just 'he raped me'. The approach is to send them to psychologists and convince them having a kid is a good thing.

So proud.

Ffs this is beneath contempt

• Like 1

Â