Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

21 minutes ago, AJ said:

If she came to support the fascists why was she arrested?

Is that how fascists show their appreciation for support?

The fascists here are the Ukranian government and the West, according to Putin's insane world view.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

46 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Whoever operates Ukraines drones and radar targeting needs a proper pat on the back. They're using these sparingly but to extreme effect, taking out BUK's and other expensive equipment right in the middle of mile long convoys, then withdrawing and hitting the Russians again elsewhere. They must be getting high level advice from NATO, otherwise a country like this would not employ such an effective defense against such a numerical enemy.

I've no doubt they have help from the big boys. other countries special forces will be there defo.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The fascists here are the Ukranian government and the West, according to Putin's insane world view.

Dave Chapelle's KKK sketch comes to mind.

57 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Whoever operates Ukraines drones and radar targeting needs a proper pat on the back. They're using these sparingly but to extreme effect, taking out BUK's and other expensive equipment right in the middle of mile long convoys, then withdrawing and hitting the Russians again elsewhere. They must be getting high level advice from NATO, otherwise a country like this would not employ such an effective defense against such a numerical enemy.

What are BUK’s? 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

The Ukrainians have the best situational awareness money can buy via NATO which goes into the Ukrainian military like an IV. They still have to do the hard part, but this isn’t what Putin was expecting.

That support will be sustained into the insurgency which still seems the likeliest outcome. No resistance in history has ever had that kind of informational advantage over their occupier, and it will make Russia’s already precarious position unsustainable. 

• Like 3

^^^The amount of war mongering in the US media is astounding. Let's find anyone to be a guest who will bang the drum.

I had avoided CNN until today and listened to about 15 mins - They are calling for all out war.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I had avoided CNN until today and listened to about 15 mins - They are calling for all out war.

With their ratings, I’m not surprised.

• Haha 1

I feel at a loss, I understand that if Britain were to join in it would probably be London bombed next. But I feel for the Ukrainian people and the torment they are going through, while the rest of the world watches on. I believe Putin is happy to take on the rest of the world at any time, he says everyone hates Russia so what difference does it make as they will be hated what ever they do. People around the world do not hate the Russian people. Me and Mrs T feel we had to do something and a donation to the Red Cross has made us feel we have helped a little, but it will not get their houses and families back. Putin can not stop until he has victory, he will let his country fall into financial ruin for an ideal. Mrs Ts lad is a MP in the army and his take is that you can not kill, destroy or negotiate with an Ideal. I believe if one man was removed from the equation the ideal would die too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

^^^The amount of war mongering in the US media is astounding. Let's find anyone to be a guest who will bang the drum.

War in the US is not really war in the US. It’s sending people off to destroy another country so they know who’s boss whilst everything stays the same at home. 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really enjoy your posts @magnkarl

Do you have a military background? 

I was a grunt in the royal artillery in the mid 70's, not that it matters all that much in this day and age. I have no combat experience as all we did was get angry at Iceland over cod a couple of times so we luckily didn't have to go to war.

What I can speak to is the constant fear that people had for Russia then and the fear many people have for them now. Most historians have since admitted that everything they thought they knew about the USSR military was based on propaganda numbers and fear, rather than facts. Much like what most people thought of the Russian capability this time around.

The Russian army isn't a modern army, they can bomb civilians, kill dissidents and journalists. They're still stuck in the soviet mass armour mindset, with carpet artillery deployment and rushing things with tanks. The Afghanis stopped them, and now Ukraine has stopped them. By my estimates the European NATO countries alone would easily take Russia apart in a conventional war.

• Like 1

Â