17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hook, line and sinker! ;)

Is it true you have gone 24 games without a defeat? Pretty impressive.

Ive only see you against us and you were the better team on the day although we were on a bad run and really missing a stable back 4.

They're 12 unbeaten in the league, which is impressive. 

5 draws in their last 8 though, I just get the feeling it's going to catch up on them. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

5 draws in their last 8 though, I just get the feeling it's going to catch up on them. 

I got confused. It's 2 defeats in the last 24. 

I agree though. Too many draws are like defeats. 

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It grinds my gears when fans of other clubs come here and get overly aggressive without really understanding the nature of the forum. 

Mind you, some of our own are just as bad.

For what it's worth I too think Derby will fall away. I think Fulham are the team to watch. 

If we beat them, we'll open up a 10 point gap. If they're the team to watch, we'd be as good as promoted.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The thing is Dave, when you are at the top end.....a draw is like a massaged defeat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we beat them, we'll open up a 10 point gap. If they're the team to watch, we'd be as good as promoted.

15 games.....so many twists and turns still left.

we have to watch no one....just keep winning.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hook, line and sinker! ;)

Is it true you have gone 24 games without a defeat? Pretty impressive.

Ive only see you against us and you were the better team on the day although we were on a bad run and really missing a stable back 4.

Bugger. Noob error. Like a Keogh slip at Wembley.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Think that the second place this season will get fewer points than previous seasons which has been 89 and above. That would be 10/15 wins for anyone.  Think no one will get that, suddenly if we think 8/15 would get second, I fancy our chances. 

There won't be any clear runaways of 1st and 2nd this season.

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty much. 

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm no Nostradamus, but it wouldn't just be the 3 points. The confidence would go up another notch, I could see us then smashing through that 11 win record. 

We're in top gear at the minute and I see no reason to reach for the clutch. It'll be a more contained, direct counter attacking performance no doubt but it'll do for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Midweek games 2017/18:

EFL CUP -

Home - W1 L1 (Wigan - M'boro)

Away - W1 (Colchester)

League -

Home - W1 (Sunderland) D1 (M'boro)

Away - W3 (Burton/Preston/Sheff Utd) L2 (Reading/Brentford)

So 4 games at home 2 wins (Wigan/Sunderland) one draw and one loss - both to Middlesbrough.

I was counting the Bristol game as midweek but I guess it really isn't.

4 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Guys, I wouldn't worry about Derby too much.

At the moment, we are slightly over achieving, we expected to make the play-offs but getting up to 2nd for a few weeks was nice.

The quality of your squad is better than ours, partly because you can attract better players with your parachute payments.

I have seen Derby 4 times this season. I thought you lot were very good. So I will carry on worrying about you :)

• Like 1