• Hogan
    • Bacuna (Kodjia 82)
    • Adomah (Hogan 84)
    • Green (Lansbury 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Embarrassing.

Conceding late goals again like we did under RDM and losing from winning positions.

Twice the quality on the pitch but you could barely tell.

They barely created anything but played with spirit and wanted it more. We would have been destroyed today against a team with more quality.

Edited by Michael118

I've seen more movement at my local bus stop on a Monday morning than what these boys put in each match. 

Lack of closing down, lack of give and go, lack of making space for oneself. I actually don't think any of them are anywhere near fit enough for 90 minutes of football.

Ive been delighted with Baker this season but last handful of games he's discovered hoof ball again which I despised him for two seasons ago.

We apparently have a new midfielder called Hourihane who I don't think I've seen touch the ball in 180 minutes of football and if he has he's giving Gabby a run for his money.

God created the ground and it would be nice if we could use it… if you were row A-L you'd have to book a physio appointment to get your neck looked at the ball is in the air so much. 

It's so incredibly frustrating… I genuinely feel bad for Tony!

• Like 1

Play offs are gone which is disappointing but what would happen if we were promoted? We now need to relax and watch a team develop for next season. Give Bruce time, a preseason and another transfer window should see the development of a squad we are all looking for. If things have not worked out by the end of October make another change but knee jerk changes now will only take us back to square one which clearly hasn't worked with our previous managerial changes. Patience is needed, if as some have said it's all too much then they should step back it will be best for them and the club, come back when we are winning and successful.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I'm not worried about the shape, it's the approach.

Every single side we play is more on the front foot, they pass and move more, hoof it less, he is way way too negative .

I agree about the passing and movement, I don't think he is telling them to play long but I do think hes telling them if they are in doubt to make sure they aren't caught out around our own box.

I think the players are low on confidence and as a result go long too soon and too often. We definitely can play better but we have left it too late to go up this year.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I would clarify.

In patches we played well. Whenever we got forward.

But our tactics are a huge huge handicap.

Never forget the time Bruce once said 'I'm not that bothered about tactics'. 

Think that's it with him, he will choose the shape/formation but tactically it seems he's just hoping everything clicks without establishing an actual way of playing. You can see him getting annoyed with Baker and co' for hoofing it, but i bet (just my opinion) he's not worked on an alternative in training to offer a solution and allow us to become more effective in possession. We don't use triangles, we don't press as a team, we hardly pass and move and we literally just hope an individual comes up with a bit of magic because we actually have players with good ability. 

We never see players moving towards the ball, always away from it. I could go in to more detail but right now I can't be arsed to type it all out as yet again Villa have got me in a huff. 

• Like 1

Also people mentioning Hourihane being invisible. I'd be interested to know how many people on here have played football at a decent level. 

Ignore coming in to a new team completely. Unless we use the midfield they will all be passengers. The only thing he was able to offer was intensity in closing down off the ball. Not only did he cover a lot of ground but he did it with intensity too. Having 30% possession alone and then along with the little amount we had it mostly involved bypassing midfield, I actually feel sorry for the guy. 

• Like 4

It's funny I haven't been pissed off with a villa performance for nearly 2 years, I think wembley against arsenal was tte last time I was upset by a result or performance. 

Today though I was **** livid...For all of about 5 minutes and now I'm back to not giving a shit.

I wish I could care but I just don't, it'll take something special to turn me around and get my interest back.

• Like 1

So at about 6:45 I started cooking the evening meal. It's a Nigel Slater recipe where basically you stew some leeks in LOTS of butter, add herbs, olives and lemon juice, then cook up some tagliatelle, combine everything and melt some gruyere slices over the leek/pasta mix. Not sure I really got what he was intending with the gruyere and it didn't really melt properly but apart from that it was delicious. We all know that with a new recipe, the ingredients don't always combine perfectly first time of trying, eh?

In the background I could vaguely gather that Grealish had been sent off (predictable) and we conceded a second goal in injury time (equally predictable, although I had forecast an early Forest goal in the 2nd half followed by a third, so I chose the wrong method of pathetic capitulation).

However, I didn't let any of that spoil my enjoyment of cooking. 

As one of the Villa "faithful", you have to learn to switch off from the utterly pathetic shit they have been producing for the past 5 years, don't you?

1 hour ago, smg said:

Play offs are gone which is disappointing but what would happen if we were promoted? We now need to relax and watch a team develop for next season. Give Bruce time, a preseason and another transfer window should see the development of a squad we are all looking for. If things have not worked out by the end of October make another change but knee jerk changes now will only take us back to square one which clearly hasn't worked with our previous managerial changes. Patience is needed, if as some have said it's all too much then they should step back it will be best for them and the club, come back when we are winning and successful.

Agree with this 100%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

we dont work hard enough. We don't press or harry. We need to up the work rate when we don't have the ball. It's not like they don't have the facilities.

I thought this was what Bruce was buying. Some wish eh?

• Like 1

Absolute bunch of words removed.   Why are we so negative?  Let's get the ball and get on the front foot.  Why oh why were we letting a very very average side dominate the ball? 

We fans deserve better now; this is getting ridiculous.  

• Like 3

29% possession is embarrassing. That in itself is pretty much a sackable offence despite being down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Get the team to keep the bloody ball steve and good things will happen.  

• Like 1

Â