• Bacuna (Kodjia 82)
    • Adomah (Hogan 84)
    • Green (Lansbury 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

100% Wrong

Every single good thing we did in that game started with Grealish in the middle of the park - he was the centre of all of our breaks and he was playing some really good balls into Kodjia when we came forward. He was also the most energetic of our midfielders and was the one doing most chasing back. Lots of positives - not enough to overcome the negative of being a prat and putting the team in a hole, but if he'd stayed on, I'd have him edging Bree as our best player on the night. He does however remain a prat. Bruce was already unhappy with him for being a pillock and I have a feeling he's about to get a roasting from the manager, both behind closed doors and in the post match interview.

• Like 2

Hogan and bree both looked class to me .

the 3 lads in midfield will need time but all improved from Tuesday .

johnstoNe a total liability and the defence look poor with little belief in the keeper .

grealish yet again let's down Aston Villa but no doubt he will be out laughing and joking later .

Bruce far too negative maybe this club is too big for him - he talks about players matching expectations well maybe he needs a look in the mirror at himself too !!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deadlydion said:

This 100% if you're being objective.  If not then take your pick who to blame.

I thought we looked quite good and whilst I do agree that Grealish was clearly a candidate for taking off before his second card I'mnot sure we had a sub who could have come on and helped play the same way.  Bizarrely, had we had Ayoe or McGatemack then that would have ben an obvious swap but as it was, taking Jack ff would probably have changed our system and i guess Bruce didn't see a benefit in that hence why he didn't make the change. HINDSIGHT, however, says otherwise, but at the time I kind of agree with the decision not to make changes.  We weren't under any real pressure and nobody looked fatigued so, I am going to put it ut there and say I agree with SB on that. 

The keeper made a howler and ultimately that was our undoing, without that we would have walked this.

Yeah if the keeper hadn't completely misjudged the deflection and apilled it, if elphick scores, if one of the many other chances goes in... 

At times it looked like we were cruising, even with 10 men, like we knew we had another gear to into to ensure therein. It's just that none of us have seen this other gear yet! Hopefully it will come with more time as a group to work together. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So do really 40.54% of us think we will finish between 5th and 8th?

We will do well to finish between 15th and 18th at this rate. 

A season to forget apart from the fact we have spent millions to become a lower mid table championship side. Bravo Villa.

That was before we played the football thing. Now's a bit different.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why can't we just pass the effing ball?! And keep hold of it for more than 2 seconds?!! It's infuriating!!!

The thing is, anytime we did try and pass we looked decent but then we'd resort to hoofing forward again. Nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Absolute garbage.

And utterly utterly predictable.

So Steve will we continue with this approach ? We may well go down if we do.

I think 3-5-2 suits the players we have now doesn't it? We need to find an identity, some stability and a way to play. Changing the shape every week isn't a good start.

another predictable result .

standout for me - conor hourihane - invisible for 75 minutes , just observing the game  - we cant play with ten men like that .

iceland man a bit better a left wing back , i detest his riduculous overacting when fouled , bruce must stop that .

three at the back was also better , but our midfield is woefull .

goalkeeper at fault again? 

hogan shows promise .

grealish has football talent but otherwise sadly very dim.

we did somehow have several goal attempts, but no-one good enough to finish .

a very good kodjia goal , and there was an astonishing move at 75 mins , must have kept the ball for a dozen or more passes. 

bruce should have taken grealish off at half time , he wasnt doing much anyway .

ps forgot - relegation to league 1 distinctly possible .

Edited by jackdaww
ps.

Just now, romavillan said:

I think 3-5-2 suits the players we have now doesn't it? We need to find an identity, some stability and a way to play. Changing the shape every week isn't a good start.

I'm not worried about the shape, it's the approach.

Every single side we play is more on the front foot, they pass and move more, hoof it less, he is way way too negative .

• Like 2

Â