The Manager thread

Xela

47 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Kenedy's done well, the others have been squad players. Actually forgot the keeper they signed in January, he's been great in a few games.

Ironically these rubbish championship players like Lascelles, Matt Ritchie and Dummett have played good parts in keeping them up since January.

Lejeune has replaced Clark in starting 11 and Merino was there best player before he got injured

wouldnt call Lascelles rubbish either, he will be a wanted man in summer

No I mean it's generally the perception of media that squad he had in the championship wouldn't step up to premier league even though likes of Shelvey and Ritchie had done well at this level for previous clubs. Lascelle has done well.

Had forgotten about Clark, he hasn't played for Newcastle for a while as their results have picked up. Injured or just dropped?

Lejuene has played 20 games for Newcastle this season for 0 goals, 1 assist and a record of 6 wins, 3 draws and 11 losses. 

Clark has also played 20 games for 2 goals, 1 assist and a record of 5 wins, 6 draws and 9 losses.

Edited by Michael118

54 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Lejuene has played 20 games for Newcastle this season for 0 goals, 1 assist and a record of 6 wins, 3 draws and 11 losses. 

Clark has also played 20 games for 2 goals, 1 assist and a record of 5 wins, 6 draws and 9 losses.

What is goals and assists got to do with defenders

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Hodgson has done well with Palace this year. 

my manager of the season as they were gone when he took over as De Boer had killed all confidence

though if West Brom stay up then Darren Moore will win manager of the century :

Apparently Sir Alex is gravely ill and has been taken to hospital and will have surgery tonight.

Sir Alex Ferguson seriously ill in hospital and set for surgery

Sir Alex Ferguson managed Manchester United between 1986 to 2013

Former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is in hospital and will undergo emergency surgery on Saturday night, say Sky sources.

The 76-year-old is in a "serious condition" and needs an operation.

Ferguson won 13 league titles in 26 years at Manchester United before he stepped down in 2013.

He was recently seen for the United clash with Arsenal at Old Trafford when he presented departing Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger some end-of-season silverware.

There were concerns on Saturday afternoon when his son Darren Ferguson missed Doncaster's final game of the season against Wigan due to "family reasons".

Darren Ferguson was due to be in the dug-out at the Keepmoat Stadium but a Rovers statement read: "Darren asks for privacy, and will provide an update through the club during the week."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11360564/sir-alex-ferguson-seriously-ill-in-hospital-and-set-for-surgery

• Like 1

Manager David Moyes says he has turned down an offer from a Premier League rival during his time at West Ham.

Moyes, 55, replaced Slaven Bilic in November and has led the Hammers to Premier League safety but is yet to sign a new contract at the club.

"I could have joined a Premier League club during the season here, when I was West Ham manager," he said.

"I chose not to. But I've got other things if it's not renewed. It's not a problem."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44058030

Don't lie David.

32 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Looks likely that Carvalhal will be leaving Swansea at the end of the season.

Surprised by that.

Carvahal took over two weeks before Paul Lambert did. Lambert has won once. Carvahal has won five.

Not enough to keep them up of course but considering Swansea were rock bottom when he pitched up they've given it far more of a go than Stoke have.

He also has proven recent record in the championship. Two play offs in his two full seasons.

Swansea will probably appoint some random American manager and then wonder why they're bottom half in January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised by that.

Carvahal took over two weeks before Paul Lambert did. Lambert has won once. Carvahal has won five.

Not enough to keep them up of course but considering Swansea were rock bottom when he pitched up they've given it far more of a go than Stoke have.

He also has proven recent record in the championship. Two play offs in his two full seasons.

Swansea will probably appoint some random American manager and then wonder why they're bottom half in January.

Yes a strange decision.  I wouldn't mind us having him as manager if things go tits up in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes a strange decision.  I wouldn't mind us having him as manager if things go tits up in the playoffs.

Bruce > Carvahal

And I don't want Bruce if we don't go up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He is a failure. Wouldn't touch him.

I see Schteve is in the running for the QPR gig..

Â