Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not really answering the question.

Would Saunders played Mortimer and Cowans in midfield and the took Cowans off for a striker?

I have just answered it.

Unlikely......but Mortimer and Cowans would not allow their game to be disrupted by aggressive opposition, they would fight back.

Most unlikely.

but when we resorted to that 4 strikers, sense had long gone anyway.

just read Warnocks book.....I would imagine he will in a hotel in Derby, telling his players watching that......thats just what you don't do in the next 9 games.

This is the business end of the season......This is when the fighting, scraping, shirt pulling etc should start.....not saying you play illegally, but when did we get close enough or aggressive enough to pull a shirt.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I have just answered it.

Unlikely......but Mortimer and Cowans would not allow their game to be disrupted by aggressive opposition, they would fight back.

Most unlikely.

but when we resorted to that, sense had long gone anyway.

just read Warnocks book.....I would imagine he will in a hotel in Derby, telling his players watching that......thats just what you don't do in the next 9 games.

This is the business end of the season......This is when the fighting, scraping, shirt pulling etc should start.....not saying you play illegally, but when did we get close enough or agressive enough to pull a shirt.

Well you did go back in and edit your response so when I asked the question it was justified.

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well you did go back in and edit your response so when I asked the question it was justified.

Ok

but i thought you understood my point......Fwiw, I think we have been like this for some time and despite the Wolves game, where we did muster aggression, not just because we won handsomely, its just my observation.

It troubles me how much aerial ball this team comes second in its duels....its a tell tale sign of being physically frit.

I just hope we don't blow up to spoil all the hard work.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Ok

but i thought you understood my point......Fwiw, I think we have been like this for some time and despite the Wolves game, where we did muster aggression, not just because we won handsomely, its just my observation.

It troubles me how much aerial ball this team comes second in its duels....its a tell tale sign of being physically frit.

I just hope we don't blow up to spoil all the hard work.

OK, the million dollar question, whose fault is it?

13 hours ago, mykeyb said:

I don't think I have seen too many Villa teams worse than this one when it comes to making tackles

Agreed. Thor, Hourihane and Elmo all make Ashley Westwood look like Graeme Souness when it comes to the physical aspects of the game. 

Weak.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bruce definitely got it the wrong way round. Thor should've played Tuesday and Jedi yesterday.

100%. 

Playing Jedinak at home to a powder puff QPR, then playing Thor against a physical team away is just stupid management.  

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bruce definitely got it the wrong way round. Thor should've played Tuesday and Jedi yesterday.

The worst thing is it's totally obvious. He even said that his 'experience' told him to make changes on Tuesday. He really is getting exposed at the business end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

100%. 

Playing Jedinak at home to a powder puff QPR, then playing Thor against a physical team away is just stupid management.  

QPR looked anything but 'powder puff' to me, they looked bigger, stronger and with more fight for every ball. 

• Like 1

I fail to understand why he gets so much criticism, yes he isn't great player but he cost less than 2 million. There's people praising Hogan for running and working hard, yet give Birkir shit.

I think for what he cost us, we got a good utility player, but his performance reflect his price pretty well.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

QPR looked anything but 'powder puff' to me, they looked bigger, stronger and with more fight for every ball. 

Powder puff was maybe a little harsh, and they certainty had more fight than ourselves. I still stand by my point though, Bolton are a much more physical team and i believe Bjarnasson would have been the better choice for Tuesday, with Jedinak being the better option yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The worst thing is it's totally obvious. He even said that his 'experience' told him to make changes on Tuesday. He really is getting exposed at the business end of the season.

His experience will be tested to the full over the next couple of months. 

Top 2 is gone, he will know that. He needs to first secure a playoff place as quickly as possible and then start resting players for the playoffs. 

Giving players time off to freshen up whilst still keeping them "on it" and ready for the last push will be a difficult balance.  This is where his experience should show. 

Big test. 

Edit. I thought i was in the Bruce thread. Apologises for going OT. 

Edited by av1
OT post

16 hours ago, mykeyb said:

OK, the million dollar question, whose fault is it?

Look, its all opinions and it doesn't make us right.I can tell you what I think....but we have a professional football manager with over 20 years experience who was captain of arguably the best team in the land, playing for the best manager in Europe.

Do you honestly think I ( little old me) is going to challenge him, in all seriousness.

It may well be, He knows what is wrong but for reasons that belong to him, can't do anything about it .....right now.

I think when we say or intimate.....The likes of Steve Bruce/Neil Warnock/Sam Allardyce/Alan Pardew/Tony Pulis ..don't know what they are doing.

I think we have lost the plot.

Ps Jokanovic did a very iffy thing yesterday and his team was knocked out of their stride.....stoney silence on here.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Do you honestly think I ( little old me) is going to challenge him.

With all due respect mate i think thats a dangerous mindset to hold. It's almost like some of these numpty "experts" like Danny Murphy that believe you can't know anything about football unless you have played it.

Lots of managers have lots of experience. It doesn't mean we can't challenge them. 

He didn't have much help yesterday and gave the ball away a lot. Not his best performance, but he was left with an awful lot to do by Bruce. Conditions yesterday, Bruce should have pulled Jack and brought Jedi on and had them sit in front of the back four. They could have lumped the balls forward and been just as effective as Jack.

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

With all due respect mate i think thats a dangerous mindset to hold. It's almost like some of these numpty "experts" like Danny Murphy that believe you can't know anything about football unless you have played it.

Lots of managers have lots of experience. It doesn't mean we can't challenge them. 

AV don't take everything I say so literally.

you know what I mean.....We can huff and puff all we like, but we can only speculate.....I think I know whats wrong, I think I know whats wrong with this squad all season and for me its not rounded enough, I don't expect folk to agree with me and also I can am suseptible to alter my views.

We can challenge anyone Surgeons, Lawyers, politicians, accountants......but it is unlikely we are going to know more about their profession than them

How would you feel if Steve Bruce challenged you on an element of your job and then proceeded to exchange views intimating he knew more about it than you. ....come on.

For whatever reason....things have gone wrong since the Wolves game.....I can see in the last 2 games so many faults, whats caused them I can only speculate.

Back on Topic......Birkir is not the problem in isolation.

Edited by TRO

Â