Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

Look, its all opinions and it doesn't make us right.I can tell you what I think....but we have a professional football manager with over 20 years experience who was captain of arguably the best team in the land, playing for the best manager in Europe.

Do you honestly think I ( little old me) is going to challenge him, in all seriousness.

It may well be, He knows what is wrong but for reasons that belong to him, can't do anything about it .....right now.

I think when we say or intimate.....The likes of Steve Bruce/Neil Warnock/Sam Allardyce/Alan Pardew/Tony Pulis ..don't know what they are doing.

I think we have lost the plot.

Ps Jokanovic did a very iffy thing yesterday and his team was knocked out of their stride.....stoney silence on here.

What we see on matchdays is now very definitely Bruce's team, his players (bar a few who are top quality) if the team is deficient then that's got to be put at Bruce's door. Lack of grit, intensity, ability to put a foot in have again got to be put to Bruce. Playing with 4 strikers and 2 midfielders......Bruce again.

If Bruce is to take the plaudits for our run since christmas then he also needs to accept the questions about the last 2 poor shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Look, its all opinions and it doesn't make us right.I can tell you what I think....but we have a professional football manager with over 20 years experience who was captain of arguably the best team in the land, playing for the best manager in Europe.

Do you honestly think I ( little old me) is going to challenge him, in all seriousness.

It may well be, He knows what is wrong but for reasons that belong to him, can't do anything about it .....right now.

I think when we say or intimate.....The likes of Steve Bruce/Neil Warnock/Sam Allardyce/Alan Pardew/Tony Pulis ..don't know what they are doing.

I think we have lost the plot.

Ps Jokanovic did a very iffy thing yesterday and his team was knocked out of their stride.....stoney silence on here.

Jokanovic is currently on the best run in Fulham’s history - not the best time to have a pop at him in defence of Bruce ;)

In fairness it was because qpr were all over them that he made those changes - they were out of their stride before the changes not after. 

‘Had he not made those changes Fulham would have probably lost . 

‘Certainly not as iffy as Bruce having 4 strikers on with no supply to them .

Edited by Eastie

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 21:29, Stevo985 said:

He's shit.

Hopefully this shit player continues to play games rather than lumbering Jedinak who offers zilch going forwards.

Such a shit goal too.

• Like 1

That was a great goal. Besides that, he moves the ball quicker through midfield to the forwards. Just needs to cut out the silly mistakes with his passing and then he'd be fine in the role he occupies.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hopefully this shit player continues to play games rather than lumbering Jedinak who offers zilch going forwards.

Such a shit goal too.

Didn't see the game tonight but chuffed he apparently played well, and a great goal.

Hope he manages to keep that level of performance up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't see the game tonight but chuffed he apparently played well, and a great goal.

Hope he manages to keep that level of performance up.

Played as well as he did during our run of form without Jedinak.  No brainer against poorer teams, but we may have messed up our chances of automatic by not playing him tbh.

Was also amusing that, whilst his goal was beautiful, he had another 3 shots that were utter garbage. :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Played as well as he did during our run of form without Jedinak.  No brainer against poorer teams, but we may have messed up our chances of automatic by not playing him tbh.

Was also amusing that, whilst his goal was beautiful, he had another 3 shots that were utter garbage. :D 

Yes, but after his goal, one can forgive. :)

Edited by AVTuco

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Having him instead of Jedi allows us to play football rather than preventing the other team of doing so.

Not making any huge points from today's game since we had the man advantage, but he offers much more than Jedi does.

Yup. One is an average footballer with energy, the other a blocker with lead in his boots.

He played very very well tonight.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well I assume you some of the games without Jedinak. Because in some of them he was absolute toilet. 

Like I said, glad to hear this was one of his better games and hope he keeps that level of performance up. 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You know what you are getting with Jedi and Conor, they are generally 6 or 7 every week, occasionally 5.

With Thor he is either an 8 or a 4. You never know which one you are getting and that is why Bruce doesn't trust him.

True, but he can be subbed (half-time) when playing like a 4. His ceiling and influence is far higher than that of Jedinak or Whelan. For that reason alone, I'd start with him, seeing as Bruce isn't about to quit playing a DM. 

Easily motm today. Added lots of energy and even before Edwards got sent off he was the one driving the team forward, moving the ball quickly and spraying cross field balls about. Well done B.B., deserves to keep his place for Saturday. Then if needed Jedinak can come back in against Cardiff who look to dominate aerially.

Â