Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Thought he was poor today. One good pass aside, all he did when getting the ball was lay it off to a player behind him.

I thought they were all poor bar maybe Grealish - pathetic team display when it was all to play for . 

On 4/7/2018 at 00:36, Rob182 said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say that I think he could do a job in DM in the Prem.

I look at some of the players that have played in 8th-15th positioned teams in his position in the past ten years, and I think Thor has more than enough to step it up a level.

That's the silliest thing I've ever read. He's not even Championship standard DM let alone a DM as TRO said he's a pick pocket not a tackler. PL teams mostly have a Kante (one of best DM since Makalele) or Gueye type DM. If only we could get a player like that...

Edited by Kiwivillan

One week he is deemed excellent the next he isnt a championship standard player  

I thought he was poor but who played well? i thought no player came out of that game with any credit. they were all pathetic 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:19, Demitri_C said:

One week he is deemed excellent the next he isnt a championship standard player  

I thought he was poor but who played well? i thought no player came out of that game with any credit. they were all pathetic 

But, consistency is an integral component of a players standing....or a teams standing.

its also one of the things that confuses a fans evaluation of the player.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I thought he was poor but it's hard to single players out when it's such a bad team performance. I don't think he was worse than half the players out there.

Yeah kind of agree but I thought Norwich got behind him too easily. I did feel for him slightly as he had no pass on whenever he received the ball. 

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

But, consistency is an integral component of a players standing....or a teams standing.

its also one of the things that confuses a fans evaluation of the player.

I dont think any CM would have done any better than that as everyone was so poor, we just made little to no effort. it really was a dreadful performance 

Edited by Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think any CM would have done any better than that as everyone was so poor, we just made little to no effort. it really was a dreadful performance 

I agree.

I was just adding a generalisation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our best player last time we played them at the cottage. Bruce may need to take a horses for courses mentality here. No point rewarding the player(s) who got you there if they aint right for this game. Was worried by the gap between hourihane and grabban last night. Grabban given no support. Fulham will gobble him up in midfield i fear.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Our best player last time we played them at the cottage. Bruce may need to take a horses for courses mentality here. No point rewarding the player(s) who got you there if they aint right for this game. Was worried by the gap between hourihane and grabban last night. Grabban given no support. Fulham will gobble him up in midfield i fear.

It horses for courses and i am expecting that to be reflective in his selection for the final.

Boro had different threats.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

It horses for courses and i am expecting that to be reflective in his selection for the final.

Boro had different threats.

Baring injury to anyone I'd be amazed if he starts. 

Yes he helps us keep possession better but Jedinak was MOTM last night, he's a proven big game player, will provide a valuable screen to CBs and help stop Mitrovic providing the platform they thrive off so much. 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Baring injury to anyone I'd be amazed if he starts. 

Yes he helps us keep possession better but Jedinak was MOTM last night, he's a proven big game player, will provide a valuable screen to CBs and help stop Mitrovic providing the platform they thrive off so much. 

They are so much more than mitrovic though. Fredricks is a nightmare.  Targett very talented. And they will recycle and keep ball over and over until a gap opens up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They are so much more than mitrovic though. Fredricks is a nightmare.  Targett very talented. And they will recycle and keep ball over and over until a gap opens up.

Agreed but I still think Jedi has more experience, nous and no how to nullify that than Birkir. Pretty sure that Bruce will see it that way too. 

If Thor had been playing recently, I’d play him. However, he hasn’t and Jedinak has been very good at DMC recently. 

I’m worried about the movement Fulham have and how we’ll cope on a large pitch, but it wouldn’t make sense to bring him in now. 

Jedinak has shown he can be counted on in the big games.

He's our best DM. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start in the final. And if he doesn't start, I don't think it'll be BB replacing him. It'll be Whelan.

BB might get a game at fullback though.

Â