Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

Jeez packing all your stuff up to move is a right faff. Didn't realise just how much stuff we have. Also, no idea how someone who is only 3 year's old and 1/3 my size can have 3 times the amount of stuff I do... And somehow I've paid for it all. How's that work! 

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2021 at 21:01, StefanAVFC said:

Slowly getting there...

Looks good. 

Have you told your missus that you need a man-cave for when you want to spend some time on your own? :trollface:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

All moved in (except unpacking obviously). Stupidly long day. Removal firm turned up at 8am and didn't leave the new place until 8.30pm. Never seen anyone look so happy to be heading off to the pub! 

Excellent. 

I know some people like to move themselves but i'd always pay for a removal company. Worth every penny. I used them to move half a mile! In my defence I was going from a top floor flat to another top floor flat so they were a godsend. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Excellent. 

I know some people like to move themselves but i'd always pay for a removal company. Worth every penny. I used them to move half a mile! In my defence I was going from a top floor flat to another top floor flat so they were a godsend. 

We were moving about 100 miles so they were an absolute lifesaver. Previously I've always done it myself but this time was too far and too much stuff. Not cheap but definitely well worth it. When I gave them a tip they looked really surprised which was disappointing as I'd like to think most people would give them something. 

• Like 1

Less than 24 hours to go. Just want it all to be over.

No internet til June 3rd either so I might be incommunicado for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh well, every cloud.. 

:trollface:

I'll make sure I log in on my phone from work though

Just for you.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Top tip:

Try and blag your way into your new neighbours house. When they leave the living room find the wifi router and take a photo of the network name and password :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Top tip:

Try and blag your way into your new neighbours house. When they leave the living room find the wifi router and take a photo of the network name and password :lol: 

Then download/stream huge amounts of filth over their network.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Top tip:

If you knock through the dividing wall and urinate on their side of the wall, you become the owner of that property.

That's what I did and legal proceedings are well under way, I'm representing myself, but I feel like I have a good chance. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Good luck with it all. Hope you're move goes quicker and easier then ours did. 

Why such a delay on the Internet connection? I've still not sorted mine out yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Good luck with it all. Hope you're move goes quicker and easier then ours did. 

Why such a delay on the Internet connection? I've still not sorted mine out yet. 

There was a real **** up with the line, they were saying there wasn't one there when there obviously was.

Something to do with a postcode change 5 years ago.

Anyway Plusnet have waived the £50 charge so I suppose I can't complain ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

There was a real **** up with the line, they were saying there wasn't one there when there obviously was.

Something to do with a postcode change 5 years ago.

Anyway Plusnet have waived the £50 charge so I suppose I can't complain ;)

Good that it's getting sorted and they waived the fee. 

I'm still waiting for Airband to call me back since last Friday. 

Spoke to one of our neighbours and they've got WiFi via a Sky satellite so that's another option. Maybe even get Sky TV and Sports if I can convince myself it's not crazy expensive. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Good that it's getting sorted and they waived the fee. 

I'm still waiting for Airband to call me back since last Friday. 

Spoke to one of our neighbours and they've got WiFi via a Sky satellite so that's another option. Maybe even get Sky TV and Sports if I can convince myself it's not crazy expensive. 

NOOOOOOO!

Don't go to the darkside!

Â