Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

NOOOOOOO!

Don't go to the darkside!

I know. 

I just need WiFi from someone. 

I also would kinda like to watch Villa play on a more frequent basis. 

I'd hate myself if I did get it though. 

I hope your WiFi gets sorted with no issues. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I know. 

I just need WiFi from someone. 

I also would kinda like to watch Villa play on a more frequent basis. 

I'd hate myself if I did get it though. 

I hope your WiFi gets sorted with no issues. 

Get iptv when you get your internet sorted

• Like 1

Well, Kings Heath and it’s surrounding districts are all absolutely mental. Went to see a tiny 3 bed semi in a proper sketchy rough part, £215k. Lol no.

Can’t wait for prices to return to something approaching normal, if they don’t then I am truly screwed. What is frustrating is that we are so close to crossing into the next pricing threshold where you get decent houses in decent areas around here (£230k and up) but our maximum means we stay in the crap houses in crap areas bubble of doom. So depressing to think you can’t get a decent 3 bed semi in an ok area for our budget (£200k). Worst possible time to buy. 

Even if we spot something it’s too late. Im fed up of fighting against people looking to invest for their portfolio instead of people looking for a place to live. People are bidding above asking on places they haven’t even seen. Could really do with that postcode lottery win right about now or discovering a forgotten relative left me something. It’s all so deflating. Me and the missus just feel like we have no chance. 😔

Edited by Ingram85
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Well, Kings Heath and it’s surrounding districts are all absolutely mental. Went to see a tiny 3 bed semi in a proper sketchy rough part, £215k. Lol no.

Can’t wait for prices to return to something approaching normal, if they don’t then I am truly screwed. What is frustrating is that we are so close to crossing into the next pricing threshold where you get decent houses in decent areas around here (£230k and up) but our maximum means we stay in the crap houses in crap areas bubble of doom. So depressing to think you can’t get a decent 3 bed semi in an ok area for our budget (£200k). Worst possible time to buy. 

Even if we spot something it’s too late. Im fed up of fighting against people looking to invest for their portfolio instead of people looking for a place to live. People are bidding above asking on places they haven’t even seen. Could really do with that postcode lottery win right about now or discovering a forgotten relative left me something. It’s all so deflating. Me and the missus just feel like we have no chance. 😔

Don't give up. I was in a similar position. Just short of being able to find something decent. You'll find something. If there's no rush, let the market calm down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Kings Heath, Moseley, Kings Norton are all horrifically poor value. Tiny houses, crappy areas and still high prices. Anything half decent is astronomical. And the current market makes it even worse, fighting over crap. I definitely sympathise.

I mentioned the same issues i was having a few pages back, and whilst still a crazy, overinflated market, I should be completing on a house in Church Hill North (Redditch/Beoley border) earlyish next month. Much better but still not what I'd consider valuefor money!!

• Like 1

Lovely that @maqroll. I'd love something similar in the English countryside. I like its quirkiness. 

How close are you to a main town/city? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Lovely that @maqroll. I'd love something similar in the English countryside. I like its quirkiness. 

How close are you to a main town/city? 

It's a 15 minute drive to town. Which will likely be my daily commute as well when I move there, but I'm going to rent it out for the summer for top dollar, hopefully, before I move in. There's a state park/public access lake 5 minutes away. 

This place was easily the nicest property I could find given my significant financial constraints and the insane housing market here. 5 years ago it would've sold for 50% less. And it's not without some issues that will take adjusting to, namely the cramped bedroom and paucity of storage space. 

But it's just me and I can always stash random stuff at my mother's house. The other house that was in the running had vinyl siding, vinyl floors, a propane "wood stove" with plastic "logs", not enough windows, a huge asphalt driveway, etc. Just no character at all. And 20K more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

We are in!

Can't believe it went without a hitch, funds went through at 1pm.

Removal guys still working hard, if anyone wants a recommendation Butler and Daughters are brilliant, this crew are Villa fans too, what more could you ask?

😁😁😁😁

Congratulations! You need to update your location :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

We are in!

Removal guys still working hard, if anyone wants a recommendation Butler and Daughters are brilliant, this crew are Villa fans too, what more could you ask?

😁😁😁😁

Nice one! Whereabouts have you decamped to? I only ask as I'm sure I can hear Pet Sounds being played from a neighbouring property ;) 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

It's a 15 minute drive to town. Which will likely be my daily commute as well when I move there, but I'm going to rent it out for the summer for top dollar, hopefully, before I move in. There's a state park/public access lake 5 minutes away. 

This place was easily the nicest property I could find given my significant financial constraints and the insane housing market here. 5 years ago it would've sold for 50% less. And it's not without some issues that will take adjusting to, namely the cramped bedroom and paucity of storage space. 

But it's just me and I can always stash random stuff at my mother's house. The other house that was in the running had vinyl siding, vinyl floors, a propane "wood stove" with plastic "logs", not enough windows, a huge asphalt driveway, etc. Just no character at all. And 20K more. 

You can look at the lack of storage space as a chance to streamline your possessions! :)  My apartment spare room is full of stuff I don't need and I could probably do without 75% of stuff in my place overall if push came to shove. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can look at the lack of storage space as a chance to streamline your possessions! :)  My apartment spare room is full of stuff I don't need and I could probably do without 75% of stuff in my place overall if push came to shove. 

Absolutely. And I honestly don't have much in tow to begin with after I cleared out of Portland last summer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We are in!

😁😁😁😁

Congrats! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Nice one! Whereabouts have you decamped to? I only ask as I'm sure I can hear Pet Sounds being played from a neighbouring property ;) 

We are in  Atherstone.

And I prefer Holland and Sunflower to Pet Sounds 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trekka said:

Congratulations! You need to update your location :D 

I will when Wi-Fi is up. Takes too long on my phone. 

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I will when Wi-Fi is up. Takes too long on my phone. 

I gave up and signed up to Sky today. Now have a 2 week wait for the engineer to set it up. 

• Sad 1

Â