Aston Villa History Thread

VILLAMARV

41 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I still can't believe that was our last trophy. 

If you told anyone in the ground that day,  that by March 2024 (and counting) we wouldn't have won another major trophy, nobody would have believed you.

Yeah - just goes to show that when these moments come around, and they will again hopefully, that we should really make the most of them.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Brilliant day. I was there with my Dad (as I was at the 94 one). Felt different though, as we were the favourites and that made me a little more nervous. 

Shouldn't have been though - absolutely battered them!

Lovely Savo goal. He took a huge amount of stick in his first season, most of it completely unjustified. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah - just goes to show that when these moments come around, and they will again hopefully, that we should really make the most of them.

Hopefully on May 29th!

• Like 2

Just want to stick my nose in and say I do think we are in with a solid chance of winning the Conference. That's obviously quite a common belief lol. Never seen us win a trophy so I'm really hoping we do, I think we'll have a go at the FA Cup next season as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Thats why I said "major" trophy, as I knew someone would pull that up. 

Nice editing. 😉

& this one:D:

𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢 𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗔 | 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗢𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/03/2024 at 13:35, John said:

& this one:D:

𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢 𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗔 | 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗢𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬

That must be right up there for Schmeichel with the Champions League title  with United and the Euros with Denmark. Pride of place on the mantelpiece.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That must be right up there for Schmeichel with the Champions League title  with United and the Euros with Denmark. Pride of place on the mantelpiece.

It must have been the smallest cup that all of them had lifted, no wonder they were laughing. The trophy itself would have fitted on Schmeichel's mantelpiece! I was still glad to win it though...

On 24/03/2024 at 10:51, GlobalVillan said:

I still can't believe that was our last trophy. 

If you told anyone in the ground that day,  that by March 2024 (and counting) we wouldn't have won another major trophy, nobody would have believed you.

Thirty years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

Â