Pre-match Thread

wedge

1 minute ago, sonic_bouma said:

The first 10-20 mins will tell us a lot. 

I can remember the last time we flew out the blocks and dictated away from home.

If we slip into a defensive mindset and can't string 4 passes together and gift QPR the ball then we ain't getting shit

I can't see us planning on dominating possession and flying out of the blocks with this line up - I think we'll be looking to play on the counter - keep them out for the first fifteen or twenty, settle the crowd, then grow into it and snatch one on the break. We have a defensive mindset and we struggle to string four passes together.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see us planning on dominating possession and flying out of the blocks with this line up - I think we'll be looking to play on the counter - keep them out for the first fifteen or twenty, settle the crowd, then grow into it and snatch one on the break. We have a defensive mindset and we struggle to string four passes together.

I think your right we will sit back. 

I really feel that breeds our horrific passing. We are so quick to try and make something happen when we do have the ball that it gets turned over. RDM was far too much the other way. A healthy balance would be nice but I'd argue we don't have the players in midfield to that yet perhaps 

• Like 1

Bunn in there is odd, but apart form that I'm happy.

Baker back in is a plus, Gabby rightly dropped (forever hopefully!).

I still think Gardner is terrible but as Westwood is the other option it won't make much difference

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Shit tactics and rarely works. Pick a team to win from the start. Rather than wasting 60 minutes of a match

Just go for it Brucie.

I think it's a 'wake up as no one is irreplaceable' kind of selection. If he'd stuck with Ayew, Gabby, or Elphick, or even Gollini, I think it would say that some are. 

Get the thumb out of your arses and put your brain in gear you numptees.

• Like 1