Pre-match Thread

wedge

I think we will get stuffed 3-0. Dr Tony is going to regret slagging Ian Holloway off on twitter. 

Away from home and infront of the camera's, it's going to be a thoroughly miserable day. We are always crap at QPR too, I think Tony Daley may have scored the last time we won there!

2 hours ago, KHV said:

I think we will get stuffed 3-0. Dr Tony is going to regret slagging Ian Holloway off on twitter. 

Away from home and infront of the camera's, it's going to be a thoroughly miserable day. We are always crap at QPR too, I think Tony Daley may have scored the last time we won there!

Technically we have won a at QPR since then. We beat Fulham 2-1 there when they were ground sharing. Think we went behind after about 50 seconds. Bocanegro broke Delaney's leg too iirc?

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nah, we're fine at home. 

We aren't fine. We have scraped through games at home whilst being thoroughly **** away. That Wigan performance, if you can call it that, was diabolical and Blackburn wasn't much better. We haven't outplayed anyone this season other than bottom placed Rotherham. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

We aren't fine. We have scraped through games at home whilst being thoroughly **** away. That Wigan performance, if you can call it that, was diabolical and Blackburn wasn't much better. We haven't outplayed anyone this season other than bottom placed Rotherham. 

There's not much point keep going back and forth. The difference in our perspectives is so vast it isn't going to be bridged on here. 

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Huh? I want arguing with you. Just chatting on a forum... 

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were. Just that I want to register my complete and total disagreement, and then exit the conversation. No hard feelings intended at all. 

• Like 3

He's said he'll shake some things up and bring in new faces, hope he does too, I'd go;

Gollini

Bacuna, Chester, Baker, Amavi

Tish, Jedinak, Gardner

Adomah,       RHM,         Kodija

These are worth a try also:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester  Baker   Amavi

Jedinak

Bacuna Tshibola Westwood Kodjia

Kozak

Gollini

Chester  Baker  Cissokho

Bacuna           Jedinak            Amavi

Tshibola        Westwood

Grealish/McCormack

Kozak 

I'd expect a reaction from both the players and manager after the abject defeat against Norwich. Hopefully a hugely positive one which will result in a badly needed win in a televised game to rid any thought of hoodo's influencing the players.

Tishbola must be given a chance in this one to bolster the midfield and one would hope that Bruce will now stop trying to shoe horn Kodjia into a wide role. Thierry Henry he most certainly is not.

If Bruce wants to still play on the break at away games then he has the new Gabby at his disposal (Kodjia) with McCormack playing in his preferred no 10 role to supply him. That for me would create a much better forward balance than either player being played wide.

Adomah and Ayew can play on the flanks if needed and have the footballing brains to tuck in when opposing teams have the ball.

Edited by striker

13 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Under Bruce we've drawn 1 at home and won the other 4. Regardless of your perception of the performances that is not "not fine".

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Gollini

Hutton  Chester  Baker  Amavi

Jedinak

Bacuna  Tshibola  Westwood

Kozak McCormack

Sarkic Cissokho Sellars Gardner Kodjia Grealish Elphick

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

These are worth a try also:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester  Baker   Amavi

Jedinak

Bacuna Tshibola Westwood Kodjia

Kozak

Gollini

Chester  Baker  Cissokho

Bacuna           Jedinak            Amavi

Tshibola        Westwood

Grealish/McCormack

Kozak 

Do you want us to try L1?

• Like 1

Let's see, Bruce said he doesn't trust the 4-3-3 and we've recently had a couple of bad results. This almost guarantees us reverting back to the 4-4-2. Bruce said he also plans on shaking things up, so does this mean the likes of Tshibola, Bacuna, McCormack, or Green will suddenly be thrown into the XI? 

This is what I am thinking we will see:

987d828097b36f92101acb0b8d0084e1.png

Green, Tshibola, and Gestede likely to come on. 

• Like 1

We will beat QPR. We must beat them. 0-2. McCormack to score both, one being a penalty. 

Tish also has to start. If he ain't gonna be given a chance now, it'll probably never happen.

No more Gabby please, nowhere near the first team. Never again.