Pre-match Thread

wedge

I think Kodjia is better upfront and McCormack behind - I can't see how this line up can put them there. Adomah will definitely be out right, so it looks likely that this is Kodjia on the left wing and McCormack as a lone striker - I don't think that's a natural position for either of them.

Bruce has dropped players who've not performed and sacrificed the shape to do it. It's an interesting gamble. I hope it pays off.

Interesting to see how McCormack does in this formation, i still think he is best deployed behind a main striker. He has undoubted quality though at this level, finding a system that gets the best out of him, and suiting the team would be a huge boost for the rest of the season.

I think formationally it will be something like this:

Bunn

Hutton   Chester   Baker  Amavi

Bacuna  Jedinak  Gardner

Adomah            Kodjia

McCormack

or will Kodjia and McCormack be the other way around? Either way, apart from Bunn, that's a good side. Get Ayew or Grealish on in the second half if we struggle to break them down.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think formationally it will be something like this:

Bunn

Hutton   Chester   Baker  Amavi

Bacuna  Jedinak  Gardner

Adomah            Kodjia

McCormack

I'm hoping we line up quite narrow like that. McCormack is going to struggle if Adomah and Kodjia are hugging the touchline. 

The inclusion of Bacuna means he can potentially provide the width on the right meaning Hutton can stick to what he does best, defending, while Amavi has the legs and quality to provide the width on the left.  

This system could work as long as Adomah and Kodjia are narrow and stay close to McCormack. 

Edited by av1

It's difficult, because we're going to be asking a lot of Amavi if Kodjia is narrow - he's not going to get a lot of cover from the naturally right sided Gardner or Bacuna and Jedinak hasn't got the energy to be coming out to the left hand side. Amavi might be capable of covering the left side on his own anyway. Adomah on the other hand naturally wants to be out wide - if he's forced narrow, then we've got both him and McCormack doing roles that aren't quite natural for them and Kodjia doing the one he likes but most of us would prefer to be his second option.

I think McCormack will be very isolated I think we'll be defensive and occasionally break and hope that the ability in the front three finds a way to overcome that. 

0-0 or 1-0 to us.