Pre-match Thread

wedge

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Watched Jedinak against Norwich and thought he was Very fat, very slow and generally very shit. 

Elphick, Jedinak, Westwood, Gabby Out!.. 

Yep, been very disappointed with jedinak. Elphick started ok but he's gone downhill a bit. We have too many floaters in our team. Good thing is we do have some serious talent for this league.

20 hours ago, KSV said:

..........................Gollini..........................
Bacuna.......Chester......Baker......Amavi
..................Tshibola......Jedinak..............
Ayew...........McCormack.........Adomah..
.........................Kodjia...........................

Hope we go for it. Sick and tired of respecting these Championship teams way too much away from home. Lets get at them. The lower teams (some of the better sides even) play like shit every other week yet we let them play a bit. Too much respect. 

I like this. But I'd take out Ayew and put Grealish in then swap with Adomah. Talented player as he is, Ayew is out of form and keeps losing the ball when attempting dribbles too deep.

20 hours ago, KSV said:

..........................Gollini..........................
Bacuna.......Chester......Baker......Amavi
..................Tshibola......Jedinak..............
Ayew...........McCormack.........Adomah..
.........................Kodjia...........................

Hope we go for it. Sick and tired of respecting these Championship teams way too much away from home. Lets get at them. The lower teams (some of the better sides even) play like shit every other week yet we let them play a bit. Too much respect. 

This would imo be Villa's best team and agree with the too much respect bit. Should be spanking most teams in the Championship but continually hand the initiative to the opposition with conservative team selections.

You lost last week, because you played miserably poorly. Everyone is on your back, and they doubt your abilities as a player. Your pathetic efforts to work as a team have put pressure on the owner, the manager, the fans, and especially yourselves. So, should you go through the motions? Its only football, and not as if you are saving the Earth from an impending asteroid collision. You are getting paid anyway. NO! You lift your head up. You look those bastards in the eyes, and you say to yourself, " Not today". You are playing for Aston Villa, and you worked too hard to get here. You dont have to say anything. Just let your actions for 90 minutes speak for yourself and this great club, that you send out a loud and clear message to everyone that you will not just fade away. You. Are. Villa. You are there to roar. Let them hear you.

After the no show at Norwich i think today will tell us a lot about this squad and Bruce, both in terms of the selection and the reaction.

0-85 win. 

There it is then!

Interesting to see how that lines up - I'm guessing Kodjia will be on the left, Adomah right and McCormack down the middle - if Kodjia doesn't come inside to support, that's a very isolated role for McCormack and he's not the most physical striker, I guess the support comes through Bacuna - which doesn't sound the best of prospects.

Three in the middle I like, it's a bit more solid - and it's a chance for Gardner and Bacuna - even though I think the three we've got out is pretty weak.

I like that back four though, I think it's got a solid look about it.

A good side with three weak midfielders, no natural support for the centre forward and no natural left sided player.