Gareth Southgate

Richard

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Saying he’s Englands greatest manager for what he has done, is like saying Sam Ryder is the greatest British singer/songwriter of all time for finishing second in Eurovision. 

Good analogy, I also heard the one. Southgate as Prime minister, "Well we nearly won the last 4 wars". looking back on a levelled UK. 😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Had to laugh at his Foden comments.

Shows the lack of foresight he has just waiting for Pep to play him there. Be proactive for once.

but he'll play TAA there who doesnt play there for liverpool...

and again...we're playing the likes of malta and scotland....if it was the WC game vs france then fair enough but its not, its a friendly, its a nothing game just **** try it, he will learn absolutely nothing from giving henderson any minutes tonight

malta in november he could literally just play rice as the midfield and name 5 strikers and we'd still win that game, he wont, he'll have rice and another holding midfielder in there

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

malta in november he could literally just play rice as the midfield and name 5 strikers and we'd still win that game, he wont, he'll have rice and another holding midfielder in there

He'll also play Pickford in goal and give Kane 80 minutes, thus not learning anything regards other strikers. As per usual.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He'll also play Pickford in goal and give Kane 80 minutes, thus not learning anything regards other strikers. As per usual.

yep

not sure how he gets away with it but quietly he has no tested back up option at GK, CM x 2, 4th choice CB, RW or striker despite largely having a pretty settled 23 man squad

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

SJM hat-trick tonight will do for me. I’ve no idea whether that would see Southgate gone, but it can’t do the chances any harm and I’d far rather see McGinn celebrating than the likes of Southgate, Maguire, Henderson and Kane. 

The FA will not sack no matter what

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ripping him.om Talksport, apparently won't play Foden in the 10 cause he don't play for his club in this position, but plays mostly everyone else out of there clubs position. Just admit you don't wanna play him!!!

Southgate is one of the biggest w*****s in football management. I don't think i've despised anyone in football as much as him.

I cannot stand Steve Bruce but this **** passes him by a country mile.

• Like 4

Hope we lose and he gets completely abused by the fans and resigns after his claims he will "walk when he's no longer wanted".

Foden stuff the latest set of ridiculous quotes - as if he can't find a place for Foden behind the striker over Henderson as an unnecessary second box-to-box. And yes he doesn't play AM because KdB does (but also he came on in the CL final and did play there???)

The blokes ties himself up in knots with his quotes.

Won't pick Grealish as he's in the Championship, but then picks Phillips. 

Says players need to be playing for clubs but picks Maguire and Phillips.

The way he discarded Mings after the Euros was terrible and the fact he hasn't picked Watkins is a disgrace. Mings was dropped as he wanted to look at younger defenders - then continues to pick Coady and Dier for a while. 

• Like 4

Â