The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

38 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just read that Mrs Browns Boys will be part of the BBC Christmas TV line-up this year.

That's my Christmas made.

A load of unfunny shite.

We will be watching all the shows I'm currently piling up, like The Affair, The Blacklist, Chicago PD and The Tudors

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just read that Mrs Browns Boys will be part of the BBC Christmas TV line-up this year.

That's my Christmas made.

85915-wendell-pierce-gif-lwn2.gif?w=346&

I bloody love Christmas and especially now with a 3 and a 1 year old. Will be spending it at the folks place too. Cannot wait. My favourite time of year without question!

On a side note, my Mrs has bought everything and has even given me a list of things to get her because she doesn't want me to choose for her. Christmas is easy! :)

• Like 1

Just bought my train tickets back up to see the folks. Love it.

The journey up is really nice. Got a bit of TalkSport in my ears and coffee in hand whilst every one else travelling is lugging Santa sacks full of gifts.

These mugs clearly haven't heard of the cheeky gift card from Euston station!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Just bought my train tickets back up to see the folks. Love it.

The journey up is really nice. Got a bit of TalkSport in my ears and coffee in hand whilst every one else travelling is lugging Santa sacks full of gifts.

These mugs clearly haven't heard of the cheeky gift card from Euston station!

Buy everyone you know a lucky dip lotto ticket. Could make them rich. What better present is that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I could never do that, I'd be absolutely gutted if somebody won, no matter how much I love them.

Ha, I know what you mean. There are various lottery syndicates at work. If another departments syndicate won millions I just wouldn't be able to genuinely feel pleased for them, I'd be too jealous! 

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ha, I know what you mean. There are various lottery syndicates at work. If another departments syndicate won millions I just wouldn't be able to genuinely feel pleased for them, I'd be too jealous! 

This happened to me. We had an office syndicate, but one in a different office had a big win, enough for most of them to quit work. Then a year or so later, a woman in a different office won 600 grand on her own. All we ever saw was the odd tenner. 

On 11/23/2016 at 16:23, lapal_fan said:

Just had my holiday approved.

14th Dec until Jan 3rd B) 

I finish work on 20th, probably end up in Brum about 22nd or so and I'm not back in work until 9th Jan :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DK82 said:

Apologies, I did do a search! 

Anyway, any food tips!?

You'll find it all on youtube

bacon with your sprouts, boil your potatoes for 5 minutes and then bash them about a bit before roasting them, don't buy hestons amazing looking but not worth the money puddings from waitrose 

Ive cooked the last 2 years, it's timing more than anything that's so hard, last year was for 6 adults 2 kids think out of everything I did it was the cheesy garlic hedgehog bread with the starter that went down a treat

• Like 1

Â