The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its certainly on. A couple of decent midfielders in January and i really don't think 2nd place is out of the question.

Brighton are class. No way we'll be catching them, they play some super football.

Edited by Alakagom

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yet we outplayed them in their garden.

49 minutes ago, KSV said:

Not many other sides will though

What KSV said is the problem i've been trying to point out.

BLOODY RDM!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Im usually a very happy optimistic person.... but God are we going to miss Kodija and Adomah in January 

We still have rudy and McCormack who are proven goalscorers in this level. Hopefully we get one on loan.

Cardiff Wolves Preston and Bristol are our fixtures in January. Winnable even without them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its certainly on. A couple of decent midfielders in January and i really don't think 2nd place is out of the question.

In that case, 1st isn't out of the question? Newcastle 40 pts, Brighton 38 pts 

There is still a lot of football to be played! Play offs of course seem most likely at this stage.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Hoping for a few injuries and sendings off for Leeds in the late game.

I hope so too, but selfishly I need them to win for my bet :D

I'm hoping they're 0-2 up at 80 mins and then have 3 players sent off and a couple of nasty injuries. 

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Bruce was here from the start, we would have been 3rd on 36 points, keeping the pressure on Newcastle :(

Is that calculated off of our current form?

I was literally going to ask a stat guy this same question, and also if they could give us an idea of what our tally will be end of season if we keep up a run similar to this.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I hope so too, but selfishly I need them to win for my bet :D

I'm hoping they're 0-2 up at 80 mins and then have 3 players sent off and a couple of nasty injuries. 

Why would you want them to be UP?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

3 points behind playoffs with 84 still on the table, keep this run going and we'll be there before long. 

We need to remember that Cardiff are and were absolute toilet though. Leeds away is a much tougher test. 

We have matched pretty much every "top team" in the league so far, Newcastle included.

Another 50 points required, can't think of many teams who miss out on play offs when you get to 75.

Sounds a lot 15 wins and 5 draws but it won' be if we keep winning...say we win another 5 games between now and January 1st  which is very possible we'd then only need to win another 10 games in the second half of the season.

I've been pretty confident for a few weeks now we've got enough about us at this level now to get top 6.

Automatic promotion is still a massive ask though...could really do with Brighton going 3-4 without a win, thought that could happen but they turned it around in the second half.