January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Have people actually watched Neil Taylor this season? The fact Swansea fans were hoping the Sunderland rumour was true is worrying to say the least, reading on some of the fan forums they think he isn't the same player as he was before and is very poor now hence Olsson signing. He hasn't been good at all this season but neither have Swansea. I'd be a bit of suspect of the transfer even though we seemingly know what we are doing he might do ok for us in the championship but he has certainly regressed at the top level. Barrow though is total garbage in my opinion.  I'd take both on loan as short term options but just not convinced they are worth a transfer fee and long term contract in my opinion.

• Like 2

As a Wrexham (where Swansea bought him from) and Wales fan, I honestly don't get the Taylor love. He's weak, positionally wild and lacking in end product for an attacking full back. I love seeing him have the career he's had bit I honestly don't get it. Wrexham are due 10% of the sell on so put in a £10m offer please.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

2 goals and 7 assists in 55 games for Swansea. They're taking our pants down if it's him for Ayew.

I don't care about Ayews stats (they're absolute dog shit, just to be clear), but I just want shot of his miserable f**king face every weekend, his dourness pretty much sums up our last 5 years of awfulness and if Jack is getting abuse from some quarters for not living up to expectations then this miserable bastard should be hog tied and driven to Swansea for free. 

Dont get the hype, he's shit*.

*In my humble opinion of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Remind me what's ayews record? Ayews scored once at a much lower level

Ayew scored 7 in the Premier League, in nearly half the games, in a much worse team. So yeah, he's done far more than Barrow at Premier League level. Swansea have actually improved recently with him not in the side.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ayew scored 7 in the Premier League, in nearly half the games, in a much worse team. So yeah, he's done far more than Barrow at Premier League level. Swansea have actually improved recently with him not in the side.

.... And we have been God awful with Ayew in, out and around our team, so his leaving will have zero effect on us.

• Like 1

The difference between this window this January 2016 window is 'uge.   Last January we did nothing and it signaled that the club had given up.  Small wonder the players did the same.  This window the signal is that we intend to challenge for promotion.  I really hope it installs confidence and passion on the field.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Last Jan window was a joke, felt so sorry for Garde and we'd pretty much thrown the towel in as a club. What really got to me was that two of the guys Garde wanted to sign really helped Sunderland to stay up - Khazri & Kone (in particular)

Agreed it was painful, but necessary I think albeit with hindsight and having lucked out with Tony. We'd only have delayed the inevitable and could have missed out on Tony.