January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Hasn't been mentioned recently that I can see, but I remember it being said that Rhodes was Blackburn's penalty taker which inflated his goalscoring record. 

As an example, the season when it was him and Gestede up front, he scored 21 goals that season. Only 2 from the penalty spot as far as I can see. 

Platt, Benteke and Yorke all had their goals inflated by penalties. 

The point i'm making is I don't care how they score, as long as they go in the net :)

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bree is being linked with top Premier League sides.  Why on earth would he come here?

First team football?

No point in going to play reserve team football at a top premier league team

Well I'm going to hazard a guess that the modern footballer will go with the wage packet and kudos of joining the Premier League side.  But I might be wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

First team football?

No point in going to play reserve team football at a top premier league team

Can you name a player that has willingly turned down a top Premier League team for "first team football" elsewhere?  I mean, it might have happened, but I can't think of any.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Can you name a player that has willingly turned down a top Premier League team for "first team football" elsewhere?  I mean, it might have happened, but I can't think of any.

I think the scenario needs to be clearer.  A young player currently playing in the Championship, with options to go up or move to another Championship side.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Everton RB Gethin Jones joins Barnsley on loan.

James Bree free to move now perhaps?

Bree linked to West Brom now, although they have been credited with an interest in every player we have linked to, which is either lazy journalism or they are the villa obsessed scum bags we suspect they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the scenario needs to be clearer.  A young player currently playing in the Championship, with options to go up or move to another Championship side.

I'd imagine that scenario involves even fewer players going to the Championship club.

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

If it's a toss up between pairing Gabby and McCormack or Rhodes and McCormack, I know which i'd choose!

However, we have goal scorers in our ranks and we will continue to struggle to score goals until the midfield issues are resolved.

Two better central midfielders will change the way we attack (and defend)

Without changes in the middle, even Messi and Ronaldo would struggle to score in our current set-up.

I like the idea of Rhodes, proven in this league and as we're going to more than likely remain in the league for another season, he'd be good to bring in now and get momentum ahead of next season's league domination!

Agreed 99.9% other than I think Messi & Ronaldo could look after themselves and they would score a glut of goals in the Championship. ;) 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well I'm going to hazard a guess that the modern footballer will go with the wage packet and kudos of joining the Premier League side.  But I might be wrong.

I suspect you're correct. I do wonder though, if wages, kudos, were currently more important than his career progression, maybe he would be best served waiting till he is a free agent?