January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

bang on

This is so damn important.....I am really worried that no attention will be paid to this.

By who?

There isn't a single Villa fan out there who doesn't think we need a midfield. If the manager doesn't then he should be shot from a cannon. What makes you worried that will happen?

As always, deals happen at the pace they happen. You don't put off signing a player because you need to pacify the fanbase by signing another position first. Though it's not like we've had this debate before, every single window ;)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

This window is scaring the life out of me.

Don't get me wrong.....I like Steve and rate him........ But I smell panic buys creeping in all over again.

I have no idea how difficult it is, doing this business....but I am bricking it.

Who and where? 

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

By who?

There isn't a single Villa fan out there who doesn't think we need a midfield. If the manager doesn't then he should be shot from a cannon. What makes you worried that will happen?

As always, deals happen at the pace they happen. You don't put off signing a player because you need to pacify the fanbase by signing another position first. Though it's not like we've had this debate before, every single window ;)

Dave...perhaps I haven't commented properly.....but you got my point wrong, I wasn't referring to midfield.

I was referring to the types of Striker we may be linked with i.e Jordan Rhodes, some saying he is a tap in merchant and that in such case we may be going down the same roads as previous.

In other words, depending on the team they are in depending on whether we get a response or not.....as opposed to just them.

"Chicken Field" made a point of Goalscorers and their profiles, that we have signed many on the single dimension of the goals scored alone as opposed to how they have been scored them and who has created them.

I said I would like to see a Dean Saunders type striker come to the club.....meaning one that can rely on scoring their own goals, to a degree and not have to rely on service for every tap in.

second point....I think just about every soul in football that can be interested knows we need a midfield such is the length of time we have played with it( accommodated it)

ps I think my comments on Chicken Fields post may have gone a bit squiff.

Edited by TRO

Aston Villa are in line to seal the £3million signing of Nottingham Forest playmaker Henri Lansbury, according to a reliable journalist.

The midfield goal machine has been linked with a January departure from the City Ground amid interest from a number of top flight and Championship clubs.

Now the Guardian’s deputy news editor Ed Aarons has claimed that Villa are in pole position to land the Arsenal academy product this month.

Aarons, who is one of the national newspaper’s transfer experts, made the revelation on his personal Twitter account on Wednesday evening Villa are “expected” to sign Lansbury for £3million from the Championship rivals.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-to-seal-3m-signing-of-playmaker-reliable-journalist/

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

I'm rather skeptical about Lansbury. He's clearly better than what we've got in the middle of the park, but if rumors regarding his billy big bollocks attitude are true, do we really want another one of those?

We need someone with bollocks in midfield. Id prefer them to be called Jordan, but Billy is a fine name for a pair of nads!  

I'd be very happy with Lansbury, and at the reported £3m we can't complain. He (should) bring another dimension to our play; goals, assists, determination and... passing ability. 

As a first signing then it's a good one. We can't stop there though, we need another in midfield at least. 

• Like 1