January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

Maybe we could do a straight swap with Forest? Gardner, Westwood and Bacuna for Lansbury?

Fixed. 

Not sure they would go for it though. 

It doesn't have to be Lansbury, but my impression of him is that he's the sort of player we need, ie physical, good in both boxes and scores goals from central midfield. If we can get somebody better who also fulfils those criteria, then of course get somebody better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Have we been seriously linked anywhere with Hourihane? Or is it just good player having a great season and internet enthusiasm?

been linked with him a few months now in few newspaper articles. Bruce was his manager when he was in the youth team at Sunderland

From September in the Irish Sun

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/aston-villa-and-old-firm-chase-conor-hourihane-with-plymouth-argyle-due-windfall/story-29714667-detail/story.html

THE IRISH SUN have reported Aston Villa are one of the clubs tracking Barnsley captain and former Plymouth Argyle midfielder Conor Hourihane.

Hourihane, 25, has been one of the stars of Barnsley's strong start to life in the Championship following their promotion from League One last season.

And the Irishman was rewarded with the Championship player of the month for August after scoring twice and assisting three goals.

If Hourihane were to move on for a fee from Oakwell, the Pilgrims would be in line to receive a payment of some kind, though the club has refused to disclose the finer details.

Villa are reportedly monitoring his progress along with Wigan Athletic and Old Firm rivals Rangers and Celtic as Barnsley brace themselves for January offers.

The one-time Irish under-21 international hit 11 goals last season and was a key man as the Tykes won promotion through the League One play-offs.

Hourihane started his career with Sunderland before heading to Ipswich Town and then Plymouth Argyle in 2011.

He established himself as one of best players in the lower leagues in his three years with the Pilgrims and he joined the Tykes in June 2014 for a fee worth £250,000.

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Links? I've not seen any articles in the papers.

i have just posted one above and there has been a number of them since (inc Evening Mail). Just because you haven't seen any doesn't mean there hasn't been any.

A quick google search will tell you there has been plenty of articles about us being linked with him.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

i have just posted one above and there has been a number of them since (inc Evening Mail). Just because you haven't seen any doesn't mean there hasn't been any.

A quick google search will tell you there has been plenty of articles about us being linked with him.

OK, so you edited your post to include an article from several months ago...

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

OK, so you edited your post to include an article from several months ago...

I added it on before you replied.. As i said that was the first time we was linked with him and have been linked everysince.

Do you like to contradict everything..

Plenty of articles on it here:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-cFqWMCtAoiAaIv7lbAJ#q=hourihane+villa&tbm=nws

Edited by Villan4Life

We need 4 or 5 this window, loans or otherwise if we are seriously trying to get out of this league at the first attempt. Right back, a destroyer and a creator in midfield and a forward to score goals in kodija's absence. At least. You could argue another central defender too seeing as Elphick has not turned up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I added it on before you replied.. As i said that was the first time we was linked with him and have been linked everysince.

Do you like to contradict everything..

Plenty of articles on it here:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-cFqWMCtAoiAaIv7lbAJ#q=hourihane+villa&tbm=nws

Your 1st post simply said:

"been linked with him a few months now in few newspaper articles"

Which is why I asked for links - you then edited your post and added the articles. 

I read about Villa every day across various sources and I hadn't seen any strong links to Hourihane only tenuous talk on forums/BrumMail click bait articles. E.g. Gestede - it's been obvious for several weeks that he was more than likely going to Borough - the amount of articles in various papers point to that. It doesn't appear the same about Hourihane to Villa for me. But I really wasn't looking for a debate I was just interested in reading any articles about him coming to us. I also didn't know he was in the youth team at Sunderland when Bruce was there so thanks for that :thumb:

Do I like to contradict everything? No, no I don't. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah the Hourihane interest is not a great deal more at the mo than rumour - however, last window whenever a player worth having popped up Tony went out and bought them for big money - if SB thinks Hourihane is the player for us then I can see Tony stumping the cash albeit competing probably with some prem sides. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Have we been seriously linked anywhere with Hourihane? Or is it just good player having a great season and internet enthusiasm?

Conor Hourihane is now Aston Villa's number one target for January [john percy] #avfc

— villareport (@villareport) January 2, 2017

I would like to think the club are not relying on internet frenzy to buy players, that there is a method and structure in the blending of new players....we don't want the past.

otherwise we could be in for a long stay in this division.

Conor Hourihane looks on the surface a good target.....but we need more than surface.

These football people should know who to get.

Johnstone - Loan

Jenkinson - Loan

Hourihane 

Lansbury

Brady 

Rhodes or Hernandez 

Sell Gestede, Ayew, Kozak and Westwood 

Johnstone 

Jenkinson, Chester, Baker, Amavi

Lansbury, Jedi, Hourihane 

Kodjia, Hernandez, Brady 

Gollini, Elphick, Bacuna, Tish, Adomah, McCormack, Gabby 

• Like 2

Just now, nnock1984 said:

Johnstone - Loan

Jenkinson - Loan

Hourihane 

Lansbury

Brady 

Rhodes or Hernandez 

Johnstone 

Kodjia, Hernandez, Brady 

Gollini, Elphick, Bacuna, Tish, Adomah, McCormack, Gabby 

Would be very happy with that team, but i thought jenkinson was a midfielder.

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Johnstone - Loan

Jenkinson - Loan

Hourihane 

Lansbury

Brady 

Rhodes or Hernandez 

Johnstone 

Kodjia, Hernandez, Brady