Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

He's just said we have to be better with the ball.

Relieved to hear it. I would say it's a massive understatement.

He's also said it's a good change around from a poor run. Which it is. And we'd be in serious trouble without Kodja. Agree again.

And astounded we gave Bannan away.... yet another player that got the blame for what was actually poor management.

He knows Terry.....but can't fix it all in one go

give him time and you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, terrytini said:

And astounded we gave Bannan away.... yet another player that got the blame for what was actually poor management.

It was the correct decision. We got rid when we were a Premier League side and he's not a Premier League player. Good at this level, though. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

We were shit again by all accounts and got lucky with a homer ref.

Why doesn't this surprise me?

You never watched and give a negative view of a good win against a Playoff side, why doesn't this surprise me. 

We should've scored about 5. Wednesday were lucky they didn't get hammered. 

Its amazingly quite on this thread seeing as we won. Just shows you that some just can't be happy we win, the only time they're happy is if a result backs up the absolute bollocks they've been posting repeatedly over and over again. 

Nb this is not posting on a poster :D

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Its amazingly quite on this thread seeing as we won. Just shows you that some just can't be happy we win, the only time they're happy is if a result backs up the absolute bollocks they've been posting repeatedly over and over again. 

Nb this is not posting on a poster :D

Speaking for myself and the only others I know personally it's all been said, one way or the other.

We have from now until the end of the season where nothing is at stake and Bruce can be judged again then.

My misgivings are no different because we won, and my view of his good points no different. He isn't going anywhere for the next nine games and will be assessed after that (by the Club as well as the fans I hope).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

The Richards saga. You mean the one where he'd rather put a RB on at RW and move a CM to CB rather than bring Richards on? Or does that not fit the Bruce-out-because-he-loves-Richards narrative? :ph34r:

Or the one where he said "Richards is a stick on if fit" maybe ?

51 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

We were shit again by all accounts and got lucky with a homer ref.

Why doesn't this surprise me?

Why doesn't your post surprise me? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bannan is not a premier league player. We were right to get rid. 

Yep, and to add to that - if we'd kept him he'd probably be far worse than he is now. Same with Albrighton for example.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Speaking for myself and the only others I know personally it's all been said, one way or the other.

We have from now until the end of the season where nothing is at stake and Bruce can be judged again then.

My misgivings are no different because we won, and my view of his good points no different. He isn't going anywhere for the next nine games and will be assessed after that (by the Club as well as the fans I hope).

Tbf terry, my post was directed nowhere near you. I disagree with you quite a bit, but you're articulate and I haven't found you offensive.

My post has no inference to anything you have written. There is a big difference between being a passionate supporter with a point of view and the type that rile me.

Keep up the posts mate I enjoy reading them. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

give him time and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't share your optimism but will wait and see. And hope.

I did see some football against Rotherham and s little against Huddersfield, but precious little today.

He is getting results again at present which helps, but - without going through the whole debate again - despite having the cash sat there I can't bring myself to renew if it's going to be like that. I enjoyed the kids at half time more than the stuff we played, and I'm not saying that out of choice, I tried to like it, but I just didn't. Wednesday on the other hand looked poor in quality overall but were watchable.

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

You mean, we can't play a superb, flowing possession game with 3 fit midfielders, one of them being at centre back and the other a backup player?

• Like 1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

You mean, we can't play a superb, flowing possession game with 3 fit midfielders, one of them being at centre back and the other a backup player?

Or indeed at any stage of the season with however many players, one could argue.

• Like 1

Â