Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not sure I fully get "all the resources" argument.

If you mean he had the funds to get the right players for promotion, I would have to agree.....more with wages though than fee's.

If you are saying that we had the right players to get us promotion.....I am not so sure.

So would you acknowledge this as Bruce being culpable in this ?

43 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Can we have some kind of repetitive argument police come in and put a stop to the whirlwind starting up all over again? Just for the sake of the internet. It uses up too much internet.  

Agreed, I think the 1892nd page just about wrapped it up, and has now provided enough for my thesis on if Bruce is the right man or not.
Will read through it all again from a more calm and objective stand point and publish my findings tomorrow.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Sheepy.....i admire and applaud your ambition for our club.

but expectation, can be a burden and usually is counter productive.

Expect nothing and you might be surprised what you might get( i.e Cardiff as example).....its less stressful too.

Have you ever heard “if you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time”?  

Or the advantages of setting “big, audacious goals.”  ?

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Can we have some kind of repetitive argument police come in and put a stop to the whirlwind starting up all over again? Just for the sake of the internet. It uses up too much internet.  

It’s not repetitive until everyone agrees with you

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

My opinion on Bruce is he is staying in the hope someone takes us over, sorts us out enough to challenge for promotion  and keeps him on for his loyalty 

With all due respect - this is not serious is it? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

Why ? In my humble opinion he is a significant reason why there is so much chaos 

That’s just ridiculous. May I introduce you to a man called Xia (the one whose money is apparently all stuck in China...)

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

That’s just ridiculous. May I introduce you to a man called Xia (the one whose money is apparently all stuck in China...)

May I remind you  - the so called championship promotion guru failed twice in succession - how can you say he is not culpable to a significant degree ?

I think it is pretty obvious what Brucie’s intention is. He’s desperate to hit the 2000 page mark. I doubt even his biggest critics, me included, would deny him that historic landmark. I would imagine at that point he would retire, knowing he had written his name large across the very fabric of not only Aston Villa but the football world as a whole. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

May I remind you  - the so called championship promotion guru failed twice in succession - how can you say he is not culpable to a significant degree ?

Ah, I think we may be talking about different things. When I mentioned chaos, I was thinking of an owner who claimed to be investing his own money in the club but now it seems maybe wasn’t; who has stripped the club of a top management structure; and who is suspected of selling off what he can just to keep us afloat.

That sort of chaos.

It seems you are talking about Bruce’s “failure” of getting us a narrow defeat in the playoffs. That was a bitter disappointment but it’s hard to see how you could call it chaos.

I've been a Bruce in

I've been Bruce out

I've been Bruce in

I've been Bruce out

Now I don't really care, I've come to conclusion that this club & the way it is run could make Pep himself look like a clueless muppet.

The other conclusion I've come to is that someone at Villa signed a contract with Devil and we're going straight to hell.

• Like 1

Â