Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

No, it was already a failed team............now,will he turn it around?

True, but he made a further mess out of it. Some of his signings might of course still come good. 

It think it all comes down to how we start the campaign. A positive start and we'll have a chance.

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

True, but he made a further mess out of it. Some of his signings might of course still come good. 

It think it all comes down to how we start the campaign. A positive start and we'll have a chance.

when you are in the middle of any new project, the completed thing is not visible so,all you see is bits of half finished work.

when the project is completed that is the time for appraisal and judgment.

From my perspective and thats limited because i am not privvy to the training and the season is not started.....I still have concerns about the midfield ( but thats based on what i seen last season) but I am hoping there will be one signing in that dep't and improved players from last season.

so far.........I am happy, with the defence and the forwards......midfield, not so sure.

Well considering we bought arguably two of the best midfielders (Lansbury & Hourihane) in the league, it's really up to Bruce to make it work. Add to that what we already had, and as it stands we also might be able to keep Veretout. Please tell me a team with more quality and depth in midfield in this league?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Well considering we bought arguably two of the best midfielders (Lansbury & Hourihane) in the league, it's really up to Bruce to make it work. Add to that what we already had, and as it stands we also might be able to keep Veretout. Please tell me a team with more quality and depth in midfield in this league?

didn't Fergie buy Djemba Djemba & Veron?.......with all his worldly skills, could not transform them in to what he wanted

it happens,

but to be fair they came in mid season.....the building is incomplete, they will be better, with better blended players around them and comlimenting( not the same) attributes.

Edited by TRO

I've seen nothing today to indicate that we have improved in anyway since last season.

Considering how shite we were last season i'll say another midtable finish is on the cards.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Couldn't get a single shot on target against a league 1 side. Apparently Steve Bruce had a magic wand he was going to wave in preseason .. Maybe Harry Potter nicked it

inevitably, after a dour end to the season, an indifferent start to pre-season is not going to change us skeptics. I concede it is early days, but supporting villa becomes rather dispiriting as soon as the holidays end and we get visual reminders of phenomenally mediocre we are again. Still at least we've got the rest of pre-season to improve. Theoretically. 

It's 3 weeks till Hull 

I liked the fact we tried to play football from the back. I liked the fact we tried to keep the ball and build a bit slower. 

But we had absolutely nothing in the final 3rd and that was a major issue last year. I think we will be relying on Kodjia an awful lot again after watching Hogan and McCormack today. 

• Like 1

The players that were bought in January, generally came on form and we're largely thought to be one of if not the best players at their clubs. Most of the Championship look at our squad with envy. The longer they have been here the worse they have got, however a good preseason is all that was needed to get everything sorted. Then surprise surprise it appears that the same coaching team have started preseason exactly the same as last season, except against, apparently, lower opposition.

Yes it's only a friendly. Last season it needed time and stability. When are we going to see any evidence of a possible upturn in style and form?

The definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Forget stability we need a change from this turgid garbage. Never mind the old pals club throwing up their arms in horror when we sack him, get rid and hope that our new all singing all dancing board and it's football advisers wake up, smell the coffee and appoint a man with a future, not a past!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Oh and if you think that Steve Bruce is going to develope any young players, just look at his fabled history in management and see if he's ever done it before! RANT RANT!!!

was my main gripe with him at time of his appointment to go with his style of play :( 

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The players that were bought in January, generally came on form and we're largely thought to be one of if not the best players at their clubs. Most of the Championship look at our squad with envy. The longer they have been here the worse they have got, however a good preseason is all that was needed to get everything sorted. Then surprise surprise it appears that the same coaching team have started preseason exactly the same as last season, except against, apparently, lower opposition.

Yes it's only a friendly. Last season it needed time and stability. When are we going to see any evidence of a possible upturn in style and form?

The definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Forget stability we need a change from this turgid garbage. Never mind the old pals club throwing up their arms in horror when we sack him, get rid and hope that our new all singing all dancing board and it's football advisers wake up, smell the coffee and appoint a man with a future, not a past!

I think he needs a decent start - if after 6 games we are looking shit and mid table then the axe may fall. 

• Like 1

I still feel the lack of any attacking coaches needs to be addressed - we have Bruce , calderwood, Walsh and clemence at the club - all more suited to sorting the defensive side of things .

In previous jobs Bruce had an attacking coach with him in bertschin - I'm not saying we need bertschin but I do feel we lack an attack minded coach .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Â