Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's have it right. It's a private matter for the Bruce family, as it should be. Let them grieve in peace. It  has absolutely nothing to do with Sundays game,and IMO is of no concern to both sets of supporters. Let's not make a drama out of family grief.

That isn't my intention at all. My comment referred only to the fact that should (very very unlikely) there be anything distasteful from the blues fans I'm certain our fans will react,as will the players.so let's have it right, I was replying to a post suggesting everyone gives him a good reception if he is there and hoping the blues fans do the same. It isn't making a drama, im saying I'm certain everyone will be respectful, quite the opposite of a drama. 

12 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

That isn't my intention at all. My comment referred only to the fact that should (very very unlikely) there be anything distasteful from the blues fans I'm certain our fans will react,as will the players.so let's have it right, I was replying to a post suggesting everyone gives him a good reception if he is there and hoping the blues fans do the same. It isn't making a drama, im saying I'm certain everyone will be respectful, quite the opposite of a drama. 

My point is , it should not be an issue at all . What as our manager"s personal grief got to do with either Villa supporters or Blues ? IMO, nothing. So the less said about the matter the better, I think.

At the end of the day, as I said, it's a personal matter, it's not about sympathy, more about privacy, which I've no doubt will be respected by both sets of supporters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I feel confident both camps will respect the situation.

24 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Manager of the month for January, and well deserved.

:cheers:

An absolute rollercoaster journey - 565 pages ago he was about to be sacked and not one voice stood by him - quite incredible. Well done Bruce!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

An absolute rollercoaster journey - 565 pages ago he was about to be sacked and not one voice stood by him - quite incredible. Well done Bruce!

You obviously missed my posts. :P

Well done Steve - much deserved.

Let’s hope it’s not the high point of his season.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I know right, don't tar everyone with the same brush, there were plenty of people not calling for his head after every defeat or poor performance!! :angry:

Also, who says he was about to be sacked?! Revisionism at its best right there. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

It would have been justified too. But credit to the club for sticking with him and for Bruce for sticking at it. 

Jobs far from done yet though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's a shame it takes a sad occasion in someone's life for fans to refrain from aiming personal abuse at them. But I guess that's just the nature of the sport. 

I think it is all down to individuals, but as you know one bad apple can influence many more.

The funny thing is, even we can't all get behind our manager, never mind the opposition.

However, in the main both sets of fans respect Steve.

I was having a beer with 2 noses the other night and it was really cordial and interesting....not ALL fans on either side should be sterotyped, after all said and done, we are all Brummies.

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It would have been justified too. But credit to the club for sticking with him and for Bruce for sticking at it. 

How have you arrived at that conclusion?

Surely, the situation right now dictates that to have sacked him at any point prior to now would almost certainly have been to the detriment of the club?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Me too.....but i did have a wobble in December.

I ought to know better.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think events have come to pass, that it wouldn't have been justified and thats why the club make more measured decisions that us fans would.

a good run or bad run is not always totally reflective of the state of the club, its sometimes just a snap shot......maybe during the bad run the hierarchy knew what good work was being done behind the scenes, but it had not found its way on to the pitch at that time.

we as fans are a bit trigger happy at times.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How have you arrived at that conclusion?

Surely, the situation right now dictates that to have sacked him at any point prior to now would almost certainly have been to the detriment of the club?

Maybe justified was the wrong word. I would say harsh but understandable.  I'm assuming the original post was referring to the start of the season. 

We looked very poor for quite a long time in the second part of last season which continued in to the start of this season. It was a struggle to see how he would turn it around. 

We'll never know if it would have been detrimental to the club if he had been sacked early in the season. I agree it would have been if he was sacked in December and I was against that. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think events have come to pass, that it wouldn't have been justified and thats why the club make more measured decisions that us fans would.

a good run or bad run is not always totally reflective of the state of the club, its sometimes just a snap shot......maybe during the bad run the hierarchy knew what good work was being done behind the scenes, but it had not found its way on to the pitch at that time.

we as fans are a bit trigger happy at times.

Hindsight is 20/20...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Manager of the month for January, and well deserved.

:cheers:

That is fantastic for him and us. A couple more would be nice.

His troubles at home will be more important to him, of course, but at some time he will be able to look back at it with satisfaction.

You will all know I am not a fan, but he certainly deserves that accolade.

I believe he will take us up, probably automatic, so job will be done, and no one can argue with that, and he will have to be accorded due credit, even by we who have doubted him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â