Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't believe tactics or formations are the problem. It's purely down to confidence. You lack confidence you do the basics wrong. You stop wanting the ball and therefore there is no movement. We don't hoof the ball long because it's Bruce's plan. We hoof it because all the team shy away from passes. Nobody moves or comes to the ball. 

Bruce can not inspire this bunch. We don't need need a tactical modern manager we need a f**king shrink. 

The doc is clearly angry. 

Thats much how i saw it.

however, we had confidence against Norwich.....if teams stand off us and lets us play, like Norwich did, we are ok.....if a team like Brentford get in our faces, we are ******.

Lack of passion, desire,urgency and combative spirit. And not much idea what to do to correct it.

Edited by TRO

I would argue we need a MON. He was no tactical genius and he didn't even know a top player when he saw them. But he made an average player think they were the best player around. He made every player on the pitch run run their socks off.  He made a team feel unbeatable.  

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would argue we need a MON. He was no tactical genius and he didn't even know a top player when he saw them. But he made an average player think they were the best player around. He made every player on the pitch run run their socks off.  He made a team feel unbeatable.  

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maybe in the ole days. But he mugged it at Sunderland as soon as he knew there would be no 100 million to spend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe in the ole days. But he mugged it at Sunderland as soon as he knew there would be no 100 million to spend.

He actually blew a lot of money at Sunderland. Doing ok for Ireland though. I think he is best when he has good players but doesn't get to choose them. 

To be honest Idon't care who next manager is. We just need to act.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Anyone get deja by from today's game? Was identical to the wolves home game last season. Dreadful. But wolves at least have a decent team, Brentford are very very average yet we couldn't even muster a shot on target.

bruce and his ultra shit negative tactics are killing us. It's time to cut the cord big tone. Get jonakovic in

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone get deja by from today's game? Was identical to the wolves home game last season. Dreadful. But wolves at least have a decent team, Brentford are very very average yet we couldn't even muster a shot on target.

bruce and his ultra shit negative tactics are killing us. It's time to cut the cord big tone. Get jonakovic in

Who? :huh:

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

"I can readily understand the frustration of the fans as this was arguably the worst we have been since I've been here at Villa in the last nine months." is what he's said in his post match interview. It says something about how things are gone that there are probably quite a few performance you could put into that argument.

Do you know how many times he has said this since he has been here?

That would indicate that our "Worst we have been" has progressively been getting worse with him.

Isn't that signal enough??!!!

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you know how many times he has said this since he has been here?

That would indicate that our "Worst we have been" has progressively been getting worse with him.

Isn't that signal enough??!!!

Every team has a dip.....but we are hitting new lows here.

it cannot continue unchecked.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Every team has a dip.....but we are hitting new lows here.

it cannot continue unchecked.

We've had 2/3 decent halves in over 40 games.

Hes had time, money, patience, players, yet there is not one single aspect of the Team or Squad that performs better now than when he arrived.

His reign will be historically seen as being almost totally dependant upon Kodja for his Wins, and a year of zero progress.

Added to which we have played the most cowardly, negative, shapeless, type of football I've witnessed at VP and that includes the Mcleish years.

• Like 1

And guys- those last two or three that don't see it - it is clear as day we play how we play because that's how he asks us to play. Really - in all honesty do you think that all these other sides play decent football and we would too if only the players followed Bruce's instructions ? That's laughable.

Take just one obvious example, 

At Hull, one of his main tactics was the long hoof to Elmo to flick on. 

Now rewatch our games since Elmo joined - that tactic is used over and over and over again.

Now, if you are doing that, you are not playing football through the midfield as, for example, Brentford did today ( and last year with several different players btw).

Just 1 example there are many.

How some people can watch game after game after game full of examples that show we are uncoached, unstructured, and packed with an overly defensive mindset and yet still try to blame the players , beggars belief.

Thank God the vast majority now see it for what it is.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrytini said:

His reign will be historically seen as being almost totally dependant upon Kodja for his Wins, and a year of zero progress.

I've actually just posted stats in the Kodjia thread. When JK has been missing, we have played 12 games and only won 2 of those averaging less than a point a game,

Its absolutely ridiculous that Bruce has relied so much on one player getting him out of jail all the time. If he didnt have JK last year we would have got relegated.

6 hours ago, clip on mullet said:

I just don't understand how a manager who has gained promotion 4 times now looks so clueless. I was happy when we first bought him in and was enthusiastic about are chances this season. Now I just can't see how he can survive another game. He has to go. I've got this feeling though that the Dr will stick with him, well until it's to late anyway. 

I was a huge Bruce supporter for a long time and I still believe the anti Bruce brigade were wrong in terms of the immediate reaction. 

On paper he was absolutely the right appointment and I was delighted we finally seemed to have stopped the appointing possible bright sparks or obvious nails. 

He was for me unquestionably the right appointment and I hold no one accountable for him. 

But absolutely it is a mystery why he is so bad. It may be that the job is just too big or that coaching has changed out of all recognition in 2 years. 

I don't know know why or what's gone wrong with Steve Bruce and Aston Villa but it very much has gone wrong so the anti Brucers deserve credit for their devilish witchcraft in spotting this. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, clip on mullet said:

Get the guy from Fulham

Yay, let's get in the guy from Fulham who has 1 point more than Bruce because he has a forrin exotic sounding name. 

Sorry,  not picking on you or got a better alternative but as I've stated above Bruce looked a perfect match for us on many many years of past performance so someone who is just 1 point ahead after a single good year rings danger bells to me. 

Conversely Warnock who most people would call another dinosaur and be up in arms about appointing is currently unbeaten and a massive 10 points ahead. 

I can only assume he's actually a massively modern progressive manager. 

Is it purely because we have appointed the wrong dinosaur 

I am sorry. I just don't know what to think anymore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

I've actually just posted stats in the Kodjia thread. When JK has been missing, we have played 12 games and only won 2 of those averaging less than a point a game,

Its absolutely ridiculous that Bruce has relied so much on one player getting him out of jail all the time. If he didnt have JK last year we would have got relegated.

You can say the same about Jedinak's stats.

Its horrible.

• Like 1

Â