Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Stevie, Blues have signed Brentford's two best players (Dean & Jota) in the last few days. I don't want any excuses next Saturday.

It's now three players to the Blues from Brentford. Stevie, don't think about anything but a win next week otherwise we're swapping you for Dean Smith.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Things are not going great on the pitch but the club is far from in complete turmoil .

You can look at it 2 ways. With or without Bruce, IF we dont get promoted we will lose our best players leaving behind those with high wages and we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Of the 2 clubs that came down with us (same parachute payments) Newcastle are back in the PL. Norwich have recently lost 2 games 4-2 & 4-0.

So come next year the Relegated teams from PL will be able to outspend everybody and the rest will have a level playing field.

We couldnt compete outspending everybody (13th) last year - This year, us not going up will put us in complete chaos/turmoil, call it what you will, for next year and we wont have a chance UNLESS our kids become the Beckham/Scholes/Giggs/Butt/Nevilles of the CH.

I really am at a loss for words how big of a f**** up this is from Bruce, Wyness & Round (if they chose him) and the Dr. for not sacking them all sooner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Do me a favour, the club is in complete turmoil - even IF there is nothing for Bruce to do, which I doubt, swanning off to Portugal sends all the wrong signals. 

Hes only just back from his summer jollies FFS! If he wants a "break", he should earn it

If it was me, even IF most of the players are off I would be working with my coaches and spending time with the U23 squad and generally looking like I gave a f***

We'll never get promoted under Bruce

It's another example of people turning on the manager and therefore thinking he's a blithering idiot who has no idea what he's doing. 

A mountain of a molehill. Absolute non story. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You can look at it 2 ways. With or without Bruce, IF we dont get promoted we will lose our best players leaving behind those with high wages and we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Of the 2 clubs that came down with us (same parachute payments) Newcastle are back in the PL. Norwich have recently lost 2 games 4-2 & 4-0.

So come next year the Relegated teams from PL will be able to outspend everybody and the rest will have a level playing field.

We couldnt compete outspending everybody (13th) last year - This year, us not going up will put us in complete chaos/turmoil, call it what you will, for next year and we wont have a chance UNLESS our kids become the Beckham/Scholes/Giggs/Butt/Nevilles of the CH.

I really am at a loss for words how big of a f**** up this is from Bruce, Wyness & Round (if they chose him) and the Dr. for not sacking them all sooner.

There are 41 games to go , should he have a poor September then a new manager would have 35 games and that is enough time with this squad of players to turn things around .

The very latest time to sack Bruce would be the end of September for me , that's not saying he shouldn't have been sacked by now , but with 35 games to go I certainly wouldn't rule out a new man turning it around .

Bruce himself took over blues in the bottom half at Xmas time and got promotion - Barnsley were 23rd at Xmas and got promotion .

The end of September is too early to dismiss our chances should we change manager - i for one would certainly back jokanovic to get this squad promoted if he had 35 games.

Don't  give up yet grasshopper - let's see what the next month brings .

• Like 3

This turmoil talk is abit dramatic tbh. I think hopefully once big Koch returnS and finds his form, I think this can be a exciting team. Bruce has got it right at home, if he can do the biz away from home I think we have a good chance although it will certainly be more difficult now with wolves and blose dealings today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This turmoil talk is abit dramatic tbh. I think hopefully once big Koch returnS and finds his form, I think this can be a exciting team. Bruce has got it right at home, if he can do the biz away from home I think we have a good chance although it will certainly be more difficult now with wolves and blose dealings today.

The fixtures are kind in sept with 5 home games and Barnsley and burton away - if he can't get results from those games then there can be no excuses - time will tell.

Just now, Eastie said:

The fixtures are kind in sept with 5 home games and Barnsley and burton away - if he can't get results from those games then there can be no excuses - time will tell.

You are absolutely spot on although one of the games is at home to boro which won't be easy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's another example of people turning on the manager and therefore thinking he's a blithering idiot who has no idea what he's doing. 

A mountain of a molehill. Absolute non story. 

As you very well know, I haven't "turned" on him as I've never been "on" him from the beginning. 

You seem to be cool about Bruce kicking back on holiday - for me he should be right here working on all the things that need putting right

Compared to the scale of the shitheap he is presiding over, going on his hols, is relatively minor, but indicative of the lack of concern he appears to have. 

You've got £50 riding on Bruce gaining promotion - I'd have thought you'd be keen to see him pulling out all the stops

seriously, are you still confident that Bruce will take us up this season. I'm not (and never was)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

There are 41 games to go , should he have a poor September then a new manager would have 35 games and that is enough time with this squad of players to turn things around .

The very latest time to sack Bruce would be the end of September for me , that's not saying he shouldn't have been sacked by now , but with 35 games to go I certainly wouldn't rule out a new man turning it around .

Bruce himself took over blues in the bottom half at Xmas time and got promotion - Barnsley were 23rd at Xmas and got promotion .

The end of September is too early to dismiss our chances should we change manager - i for one would certainly back jokanovic to get this squad promoted if he had 35 games.

If a new manager comes in then things haven't gone well and 35 games may not be enough to get in that top 2.

I think we've already **** a top 2 finish by giving Bruce 5 games.

• Like 4

I know there's been a lot of talk about it we don't go up this then we will forever struggle to get out this division, but if Brighton and Huddersfield can turn surely that shows you don't need to splash the cash, just a good manager, we need to stop worrying about parachute payments and what other clubs are doing, it's pointless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

It's now three players to the Blues from Brentford. Stevie, don't think about anything but a win next week otherwise we're swapping you for Dean Smith.

Not so sure about the logic here. Shouldn't you be advocating we swap him for Harry Redknapp, given he is the one who signed all these apparently brilliant players?

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Didn't work out last season though

49 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not so sure about the logic here. Shouldn't you be advocating we swap him for Harry Redknapp, given he is the one who signed all these apparently brilliant players?

I think he is just trying to say Brentford will be much weaker.

Â