Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

if it takes getting smashed 8-0 by Nwcastle on monday to get shot of him then so be it.

No idea what has happened to him, 7 months ago he was almost the England manager and now just seems like a clueless idiot with no idea how to set out a team.

Get rid, find someone temp for the rest of the season & just give Wagner whatever he wants at the end of the season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

if it takes getting smashed 8-0 by Nwcastle on monday to get shot of him then so be it.

No idea what has happened to him, 7 months ago he was almost the England manager and now just seems like a clueless idiot with no idea how to set out a team.

Get rid, find someone temp for the rest of the season & just give Wagner whatever he wants at the end of the season.

I'm not sure if I could cope with that! But I'd settle for them hitting the woodwork 7 times and missing a penalty, while we fluke one off the ref's arse in the 96th minute :D. Slaughtered but win 1-0 and the Doc sacks Bruce for trying to sign the ref.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

7 months ago he was almost the England manager and now just seems like a clueless idiot with no idea how to set out a team.

the two are not mutually exclusive........

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bringing Richards back is Bruce's way of looking for a way out and be sacked. It is the only logical explanation. His lack of effort in running back for Tadic's goal last April was the worst I seen from any player last season and that is some achievement. At least Lescott tried to run.

I don't think it's that extreme. 

It's the sign of a desperate man who keeps trying different things and is running out of options and excuses.

There is no plan anymore, he's winging it hoping he'll pick up results here and there. 

I would hope our owner and his advisors can see this and are already looking for replacement. 

• Like 2

I can't apply any rationale to Villa anymore, I thought i know what football should be or how it should be played, it's not rocket science. Yet for 6 years or more we've made winning matches look more difficult than getting a human to Mars.

Bruce came in and made us harder to beat and better organised, without us ever playing an attractive style of play. He seemed to get the most out of what we had, enough you could forgive the reliance on Gabby and Westwood.

But from there every single change has backfired, even to the point that you would have thought the law of averages would kick in and by pure chance he would find a winning formula. 

Loaning an 'unfit' McCormack to our relegation rivals who then scores on his debut, is mystifying. Swapping Ayew for left back who has was good years ago and poor in recent times seemed odd, but swapping out one inexperienced error prone goalkeeper for another even more error prone inexperienced goal keeper is even more mind boggling.

That said the midfield signings made sense as did Bree, but not knowing how to integrate any of them seems equally dumb and annoying.

Until we get some luck with a settled side, changing the formation and players every game will only lead to even more comedy collapses.

Johnstone, Hutton, Amavi, Grealish, just have to be nowhere near that team sheet at the moment, and someone has to play the defensive midfield role.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Why would you want Villa to be hammered?

Perhaps it is the club rather than Bruce who is a 'clueless idiot' given that we are been in a seemingly never ending decline this entire decade?

If Huddersfield get promoted why would Wagner drop down a division? This will never happen in modern football?

We have to stick with him and hope he gets this sorted. Anything else is desperation. 

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I cannot believe any villa fan would want to lose 8-0 to be rid of a manager. That to me is crazy.

• Like 4

I agree with not picking Hutton, Johnstone or Grealish but I'd persist with Amavi because he was outstanding first half against Norwich and looked a top quality left back. There's definitely a player in there and I think he's just feeling a bit unloved and unwanted maybe. I think he could turn his form around if he sorts his head out. 

Bunn, as much as I can't stand him and think he's shite, has to be recalled. Johnstone is saving nothing and knows he'll swanny off back to Manure in May so has no loyalty to us. Bunn is out of contract this summer so the idea of that might just prise a few decent performances out of him as it's a chance to put himself in the shop window.

Hutton is just Hutton - gives his all but it is not good enough. 

Grealish isn't bringing anything decent to the team so needs dropping. 

Bruce needs to settle on his best available 11 and stick with them for a while. All this chopping and changing does our heads in, imagine what it does to the players. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villarocker said:

I agree with not picking Hutton, Johnstone or Grealish but I'd persist with Amavi because he was outstanding first half against Norwich and looked a top quality left back. There's definitely a player in there and I think he's just feeling a bit unloved and unwanted maybe. I think he could turn his form around if he sorts his head out. 

Bunn, as much as I can't stand him and think he's shite, has to be recalled. Johnstone is saving nothing and knows he'll swanny off back to Manure in May so has no loyalty to us. Bunn is out of contract this summer so the idea of that might just prise a few decent performances out of him as it's a chance to put himself in the shop window.

Hutton is just Hutton - gives his all but it is not good enough. 

Grealish isn't bringing anything decent to the team so needs dropping. 

Bruce needs to settle on his best available 11 and stick with them for a while. All this chopping and changing does our heads in, imagine what it does to the players. 

Agreed. I do like Amavi, but everytime he plays at left back he costs us goals so would rather he player left midfield to get his confidence back.

49 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Agreed. I do like Amavi, but everytime he plays at left back he costs us goals so would rather he player left midfield to get his confidence back.

Amavi shouldn't be in the first 11 in any position .

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

based on recent displays i would agree i would go for Green and Adomah as wingers any day

Green needs to be given game time now , no point the odd game here and there - I like the width he gives us .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Plus his confidence and ability to beat a man. 

I have been a bit apprehensive about him inthe beginning, however he seems to be maturing.

Since we pretty much have nothing to play for (aside from avoiding relegation) the time might be right to blood him.

• Like 4

Obviously the relegation issue needs putting to bed first, and that is some way off being dealt with in our current state. However if we do scrape together a few points, it will be interesting how the team performs under the greatly reduced pressure of mid table mediocrity. Whilst that isn't acceptable for a club like us with the recent levels of investment, a short period of time when we're not looking up or down may do the club as a whole the power of good.

Â