Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3/5 at the back isn't necessarily defensive. Clearly Bruce isn't doing a good job with the formation (or indeed any formation) but people need to get it out of their heads that it's somehow defensive by default.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Something really rotten at this club. Another managerial change will probably keep us up in the short term but going forward I'm not sure what it is. Mental issue? Players scared of performing? Really crazy. 

Yep. Something fundamentally rotten at the club and has been for probably a good 5/6 years now. Don't know what it is but changing managers, players, coaching staff and even the owner haven't really done anything.

I think it is mostly mental. Over the last few years we have become so closely associated with weakness and defeat that of course that's going to have an effect on any manager or player that steps into the club.

Not that Bruce hasn't been diabolical.

Edited by Mantis

I'm not sure I'm for getting rid.. But now would be an ideal time. 

We're not getting promoted this season, some brilliant managers are available in Warburton and Rowett and more. 

Would be ideal timing to bed a new manager in ready for next seasons campaign. 

• Like 1

3 goals in 2017, 3 goals ffs.

Of course how are you going to score when the manager takes a cowards approach to games. No game plan apart from sit back and hoof to Kodjia or Hogan and hope they pull something out the bag. 

Wigan have scored 2 away today, Cardiff score 2 at Leeds and win ffs. Norwich have just scored 5 against Forest, a team we could only get 1 past.

The football is atrocious, amongst the worst in the league. Bruce was getting away with it before christmas, as we scraped some wins against shit like Wigan, Burton and Blackburn due to some great bits of individual play. 

But having no game plan and doing no work on shape, movement etc (because its pretty clear from games none of that is worked on in training) is always going to catch up with you.

• Like 2

I rank Bruce up there with McCleish and Black of managers that I've disliked the most. Dinosaur manager, who does not believe in tactics. 

It's not enough to choose the 11 right players, you need to give them the correct instructions too. I wish I could just close my eyes and this season finished.. nothing to play for except survival now. Will be furious if Bruce is manager for us next season, unless he gives me serious reasons to believe otherwise. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 3

I think it is reasonable for any manager to need time to fix a problem like ours.

but there are things in the fabric of the play that is really questionable.

However ,I think he will do well to survive this at this rate.

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

The problem with Rowett etc I fear the club is too big for them and again would be lost in the job. 

Honestly, I'm at the stage now where I think whoever we get is almost certain to be lost in the job within half a year. Every manager ends up looking clueless and the majority of them gradually get more and more negative.

He's not the the right man for us. He's managed small clubs his entire career and has a small club mentality. Too defensive. 5 at the back in the championship at home with the players we now have. Pathetic. Bruce out.

• Like 2

Next Villa Manager thread.

October 3.

Can it get any worse than RDM? Yes it can if we appoint Steve Bruce.

October 4.

I don't see Steve Bruce as someone capable of turning this ship around.

There is more chance of him sinking it further than turning it around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The problem with Rowett etc I fear the club is too big for them and again would be lost in the job. 

I think this mentality is one of our major problems. Rowett has proven that he can do a job for a below average championship, which is what we are at the moment.

We are playing big fish in the league, by buying all the stars from our rivals, maybe we should have seen that we were a championship side instead and bought championship players.  

Â