Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Something like this for me!  Although, I wouldn't object to seeing Baker in for Elphick or Grealish in for McScore? Full backs can push on to provide some width, with Westwood and Jedi holding.  Tish can push forward and support the front 3: 

-------------------Gollini---------------------

Bacuna----Chester----Elphick------Amavi

------Westwood--Jedinak--Tshibola-------

----------------McCormack----------------

------------Kodjia--------Ayew-------------

Subs:  Steer, Baker, Richards, Gardner, Grealish, Adomah, Gestede

I feeling hopeful and going to say a nervy 2-1 win. 

*edit* not sure now if Tish can play or is banned?  Gards, Lyden or Grealish if so.

Edited by ferguson1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ha ha, really!? I remember a while ago I saw you could have Villa to win and Andre Ayew to score anytime for some very reasonable odds! 

I noticed a few times this season he has been on the list but he left nearly 6 weeks ago. poor form.

last year Matija Sarkic was 3rd or 4th favourite to score in some games, think he is our 5th choice goalkeeper :clap:

• Like 1

Steve Bruce will have seen Jed Steer on loan at Huddersfield (it was Huddersfield wasn't it?) last season, so hopefully he'all know he's half decent. Maybe he'll start with Steer? 

Not saying I don't want to see Gollini, just trying to guess what SB will do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I noticed a few times this season he has been on the list but he left nearly 6 weeks ago. poor form.

last year Matija Sarkic was 3rd or 4th favourite to score in some games, think he is our 5th choice goalkeeper :clap:

Maybe it's a ploy to get easy money from people who don't know about other squads. I couldn't name any other teams 5th choice keepers, so maybe people just see a name with reasonable odds and have a punt with no risk to the bookie. Crafty little s**ts.

Another new dawn, let's hope the wise old Bruce can have an instant impact. Sensible tactics will be welcome as will some spirit and fight from the players. I don't want to think about anything other than a win. 3-1 Villa and we all go home happy! 

12 minutes ago, vivahate said:

Wasn't going to go today but screw it bought a ticket, in the Holte End all on my lonesome (smallest violin). We must win.

Fair play bud. Cant make it myself as the missus is away so just me and my boy this weekend and we live in Bognor Regis so would be too long a day for him with the late kick off. Will be going to reading on my own though, and to Blackburn at home on the 5th! UTV!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Nice one lads. I've been on my own quite a bit too, especially this year as my mate who used to come with me most often has moved up north. We should start a lone villa supporters thread, and if anyone is planning on going but doesn't have anyone to go with we could buy tickets together. Genuinely think that would be great. 

That might suit me too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

I suggest we make a point of mentioning it in any 'pre-match' or 'travel' threads for each match on here then. Work out a boozer then meet up!

I suggest that you start a new thread for it for each game so that it's easier to find :) 

• Like 2