Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I've no idea how Bruce will line is up, but I'd probably go:

Gollini

Bacuna   Elphick  Chester   Cissokho

Ayew  Westwood  Tshibola  Adomah

McCormack

Codger

Hmmm... midfield is a bit dodgy, but without leaving out Ayew and going much more defensive I can't see how we could line up. Jedinak didn't look up to it, so we're stuck with Westwood I think. 

• Like 1

I'd go:

-------------------Gollini---------------------

Bacuna----Chester----Elphick------Amavi

------Westwood--Jedinak--Tshibola-------

Ayew------------------------------Grealish

-------------------Kodjia--------------------

With the ability to go:

-------------------Gollini---------------------

Bacuna----Chester----Elphick------Amavi

------Westwood--Jedinak--Tshibola-------

------------------Grealish--------------------

----------Kodjia------------Ayew------------

Where needed.

In the second formation - I think McCormack would have to come into the thinking instead of Grealish. If Ayew isn't fit, I'd put Kodjia wide and McCormack up front.

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Grealish > Adomah. 

Grealish been terrible since he came back from his latest faux pas, didn't do much at Barnsley and really was anonymous at PNE.

I don't think you can play him and Ayew from the start, both like to play in the same areas, more so if McCormack starts as I would expect tomorrow.

Adomah hasn't been great so far either but he was a key player for Boro at this level so I believe there's a lot more to come from him.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Woke up really positive... come on you villa boys. 

I hope so every time we get a positive vibe we always seem to mess it up. For once please villa dont screw this up give us a win and make us proud

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I hope so every time we get a positive vibe we always seem to mess it up. For once please villa dont screw this up give us a win and make us proud

I know, I did think this... surely we're due a bit of luck though (not that I believe in 'luck' really but just on a law of averages surely we're due some positives!?). I think management is a bit like the 'emperors new clothes' in that if the whole team believe they have a winning manager then they will believe they can win. Really hoping Steve instills some confidence in this side, and we hammer those Wolfy bar stewards. 

There is nothing like blind optimism of a upturn in form after a arrival of a new manager. If our midfield is still rubbish we are going to be still rubbish.

It doesn't matter how many decent forwards we have if they don't get the supply, and the defence is till going to struggle unless they get the adequate protection from the middle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Grealish been terrible since he came back from his latest faux pas, didn't do much at Barnsley and really was anonymous at PNE.

I don't think you can play him and Ayew from the start, both like to play in the same areas, more so if McCormack starts as I would expect tomorrow.

Adomah hasn't been great so far either but he was a key player for Boro at this level so I believe there's a lot more to come from him.

man of the match tuesday for England Under 21 with 3 assists. stupid put him on bench when in good form

59 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think management is a bit like the 'emperors new clothes' in that if the whole team believe they have a winning manager then they will believe they can win. Really hoping Steve instills some confidence in this side, and we hammer those Wolfy bar stewards. 

I think that is right.  Also players very keen to impress the new boss and make sure they cement a place in the regular starting 11.  All points to 3pts :)

• Like 1