Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

my biggest complaint is no Amavi.  I agree the midfield may be weak, but not sure we have the club roster to make it rock solid.

Nah, not now since we sent "The Rock" to Fiorentina

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

How depressing Norwich and Newcastle walking the league and we start the game in the relegation zone.

That's what happens when you appoint capable managers who know how to buy players and build balanced teams instead of spunking all of the transfer budget on forwards and totally neglecting the midfield, defence and goalkeeping areas

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Richards over Bacuna? :puke:

Otherwise a good line-up. Great to see Tshibola start.

Richards was poor last season, but has always been pretty decent as a RB. Bacuna is a guaranteed liability. I'd rather DeLaet as would everyone else, but injuries do this.

Just now, 7392craig said:

Richards was poor last season, but has always been pretty decent as a RB. Bacuna is a guaranteed liability. I'd rather DeLaet as would everyone else, but injuries do this.

Yeah and I think Bruce is the sort of manager who might get the best out of Richards. At least he isn't at centre back!

• Like 1

Great reception for Bruce, similar to the sort of reception McLeish got but the media didn't report. Hopefully we can finally put to bed the pathetic comments that we hated AM because of where he came from. It was about the fact he played ultra defensive football and got our rivals relegated. The media would have been quite pissed off if Liverpool had signed an Everton manager who did that, or Arsenal - Spurs and so on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Think Ayew got injured on international duty. Probably not 100%

I think he did, but even if he didn't, I think that's a set up we need to try, interested to see how effective we can be playing simpler football than Ayew hogging possession - he doesn't get enough goals or assists for all his over indulgence and grimacing.

Happy with Richards, he is a big personailty, gets goals and should monster this division if he keeps his position discipline.

2 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Well Warnock and McLaren have picked up wins straight away. Chances of Bruce doing it?

knowing our luck this season probably absolutely zero!

I do think we are unlucky, but I also think decisions made by the manager play a big part. RDM/Tim and co are not managers I had much faith in and although Bruce concerns me long term I think he is the right man for us now. Think we will have more luck under him than previous managers.

• Like 1