Next Villa Manager

Richard

5 hours ago, bringbackbigron said:

I would give Big Sam a call, after all he is available and if we had got him last year we might (though unlikely) have stayed up.

Make sure you record it, could be worth a bit in one of the Sundays....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

And presumably has played a key role in us being where we are today ?

No thanks.

It's weird how on match days Steve Clarke never seems to even leave his chair he's so passive, I thought he would be out there barking like Keane was with Lambert

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It's weird how on match days Steve Clarke never seems to even leave his chair he's so passive, I thought he would be out there barking like Keane was with Lambert

He seems more of a Wilkins type character on the touch line.

Blimey.  Forgot about 'the Keane years'............

Apropos of nothing in particular.........(and I know they didn't all manage but...)

2010-2016.......

Macdonald. Aitken. Houllier. Mcallister. Keane. Wilkins. Sherwood. Lambert. RDM . Clarke. Mcleish. Garde. Black. The Marshalls.

That's an entire First Eleven and some Subs in 6 years !!!

1970 - 1982

Crowe. Saunders.

Blimey eh ?

Some have a skewed vision on the betting markets. Aside from them being next to useless. 

RDM was favourite.. Two days before he was appointed. Prior to that, I seem to recall Pearson was consistently odds on. 

Garde and Sherwood were different. Garde was supposedly in advanced talks before Sherwood was sacked. Sherwood was spotted at one of our games and the bets started moving the markets. Solskjar was favourite before we appointed Lamberk. 

The point is, while Bruce is currently odds on favourite, don't count out Di Canio being unveiled next week. 

29 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I was on the train back from the home match Vs Newcastle season and the Geordie's were taking the mick saying "Why don't you get Steve Clarke in...he's great " 

10 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Some have a skewed vision on the betting markets. Aside from them being next to useless. 

RDM was favourite.. Two days before he was appointed. Prior to that, I seem to recall Pearson was consistently odds on. 

Garde and Sherwood were different. Garde was supposedly in advanced talks before Sherwood was sacked. Sherwood was spotted at one of our games and the bets started moving the markets. Solskjar was favourite before we appointed Lamberk. 

The point is, while Bruce is currently odds on favourite, don't count out Di Canio being unveiled next week. 

Regards the odds on bruce coming in significantly in the past couple of hours, i suspect there is going to be something published in a paper tonight.  Perhaps he is having an interview tomorrow or maybe even had one today.

Think thats all it will be and there will be others in the frame for interviews, but not yet.

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't believe Villa let me get to the point where I'm actually hoping Steve Bruce will become our manager in the space of 5 years. I feel violated.

While I'm not hoping for Bruce, I'd be okay with it. And I'm not okay with that.

• Like 3