Next Villa Manager

Richard

I don't know much about him but down this way know two people at work who think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

There was mocking from some Bristol City fans (about Kodjia) which we didn't get at the time, but they got a fat cheque and this fella brought in Abraham on loan from Chelsea who has scored 14 already...

Oh and he smacked our arses for 3 points... Statistically better this season than RDM then.

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

If we are going the inexperienced young manager.. i would want David Wagner. Not only it may derail Huddersfield.. but he looks fairly astute. 

I can't see the inexperienced route being explored atm.

It will probably be someone British and brutal to get a pop at the play-off places.

25 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

I can't see the inexperienced route being explored atm.

It will probably be someone British and brutal to get a pop at the play-off places.

Yeah I hope so because that's what we need.

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whoever comes in needs their full back room staff, we can't go down the line again of not getting their full team in. It makes a massive difference

Apart from RDM of course.

I do agree with you though.

I always share crazy villa stats with a mate of mine.....

There's one I used to smile at. Not sure of the exact number nowadays but the number of league wins we've attained since Ashley young signed, (that he didn't play in) was and will still be astoundingly low.

However, more managers than competitive wins in all competitions in a 12 month period takes the biscuit. :crylaugh:

That is truly appalling and here we are again. As brilliantly unique as the success of Leicester was last season, I'd argue that our demise is even more unbelievable.

Absolutely, 100% the worst, most embarrassing football team and arguably sports club, on the planet.

A pathetic joke. Please sort it out with this next appointment villa. It really isn't THIS difficult.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rosenthal said:

I'd recommend Bob Bradley. He'd take it too for sure.
Winner mentality, dedicated pure professional, brings passion to the team. First of all an organizer and a pragmatic, allows creative players to do their thing, but defence and central midfield will have their shit together.

I've seen his name mentioned in regards to a couple jobs in English football recently. Think he'd be decent

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Then we wake up to reality 

Oh, yes. Reality. It really comes down to motivations. For an outsider looking in, particularly an out of work manager, you could see several different things. They could view Villa as too much of a basket case, as not being masochistic enough to sup from this particular poison chalice, being too good for a struggling second division team, or, maybe, they see Villa as something to build, to leave their handprint on, and to potentially impart some form of legacy.

Villa is pretty much a reconditioned squad, and with the lack of effort from the current manager, still don't know how to play with each other. This makes me more inclined to lean towards a manager with international experience. Nation managers have to manage players from different countries, different leagues, and different teams over a short period of time, and don't have the luxury of being with them week in, week out. They come in from all over the planet, hang about for a week, play, then sod off back to where they came from, while the manager has to pick his best players and formulate the best tactics for the one or two games they play in that space of time.

As for reality, it is quite basic. Don't ask, you get nothing. Ask, and at least you got an answer.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Oh, yes. Reality. It really comes down to motivations. For an outsider looking in, particularly an out of work manager, you could see several different things. They could view Villa as too much of a basket case, as not being masochistic enough to sup from this particular poison chalice, being too good for a struggling second division team, or, maybe, they see Villa as something to build, to leave their handprint on, and to potentially impart some form of legacy.

Villa is pretty much a reconditioned squad, and with the lack of effort from the current manager, still don't know how to play with each other. This makes me more inclined to lean towards a manager with international experience. Nation managers have to manage players from different countries, different leagues, and different teams over a short period of time, and don't have the luxury of being with them week in, week out. They come in from all over the planet, hang about for a week, play, then sod off back to where they came from, while the manager has to pick his best players and formulate the best tactics for the one or two games they play in that space of time.

As for reality, it is quite basic. Don't ask, you get nothing. Ask, and at least you got an answer.

99.9% of managers work with players from different countries, so I don't think it's relevant whether they have international experience or not.

I expect Xia and his team have been working on finding a replacement for the last few weeks. Would be irresponsible and naive if they hadn't.

Plan B, pro active and all that...

If / when he is sacked we will be linked to the usual tired names, but hopefully we will get a pleasant surprise.

I don't wan't one of these old school British journeymen, especially not anyone currently under investigation.

Then again I thought Di Matteo would be a decent appointment, so what do I know.

Thing is this league is pathetic. If we get a manager with a clear way of how he want's his team to play and who is just a bit tactically savvy we could still easily reach the play off.

I'd even be up for getting Lars Lagerbäck in even thou he has no club management experience. He could still do his advisor role for Sweden. 

Won't happen thou.

8 hours ago, jon_c said:

I hope not, purely because he is younger than me and that makes me feel really old. 

This is why I am hoping that Ron Saunders can be tempted out of retirement 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't wan't one of these old school British journeymen, especially not anyone currently under investigation.

You know what,  we have tried every other thing which had seen us churn through managers like there is no tomorrow. 

Old school journeyman is just another way of saying experienced. 

They may have not been successful but we are never in a million years going to get an experienced successful manager. 

However an older experienced manager has been around for sometime and managed to keep himself in regular employment so shown enough people enough talent to be offered a job. 

How might someone with that experience perform if for the first time in his long career be handed a budget larger than anyone else in his league to pick his dream players. 

We have tried young exiting and exotic foreign managers and they have all been a disaster. 

Why not finally try taking a punt on an experience manager who has been around a bit.  At worse he probably won't go 10 matches without winning at best we do a Leicester with Ranieri. 

• Like 1

For me it would have to be Bruce - knows how to get a team into and through the play offs. 

I think it will either be Bruce or somebody completely left field. I think it will depend if Tony is involved in the appointment or leaves it to Wyness and Round. 

• Like 1