Bacon Sandwich

Midfielder

BACON SANDWICH.... RED SAUCE, BROWN SAUCE OR NO SAUCE?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Following on from a random analogy I made in relation to the thread 'how do you see the team this season?', I will rip off the Danny Baker Show's sausage sandwich question and ask you... BACON SANDWICH.... RED SAUCE, BROWN SAUCE OR NO SAUCE.

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oh absolutely, on both the taste and the paying front.  I just ... never buy sausages.  When you factor the salt and fat into the equation, they're just an awful awful food.  And I'm far from a food snob.  I just see that as trying to tick every 'bad' box in one fell swoop.  Spread the 'bad' around a bit :) 

This the more tasty the sausage means the more fat they put in then they would need more rusk to stop the sausage shrinking and the msg/salt mix ........leaner more quality sausage means less flavor

nice to see divisive polarised debate from such a life-important subject matter. Clansmanship even. Will check back in a few days but one day on, seems like by a good majority, brown sauce is the democratic way forward to honour the bacon sandwich.

Reading through this has made me hungry, hell, I've even picked up some ideas to try next time. Respect to the ketchup brethren but I have realised, maybe I'm vanilla with my bacon sarnies. I may be unfaithful this sat morning. 

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You like horrible soft slimy bacon fat? Ugh, like eating slugs. 

Crispy FTW. 

It's the best part of it. When I was a kid I used to eat the bacon fat raw. If slugs taste anything like bacon fat then I'll be eating those too next time I see any in the garden.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Standard white sliced bread lightly spread with butter and a little bit of brown sauce. 

Someone at work keeps saying avocado  goes well In a bacon sandwich. A couple of times i've made a butty and happened to have some avacado in, but can't bring myself to do it. Too easy to ruin one of life's simple pleasures.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Â