Bacon Sandwich

Midfielder

BACON SANDWICH.... RED SAUCE, BROWN SAUCE OR NO SAUCE?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Following on from a random analogy I made in relation to the thread 'how do you see the team this season?', I will rip off the Danny Baker Show's sausage sandwich question and ask you... BACON SANDWICH.... RED SAUCE, BROWN SAUCE OR NO SAUCE.

To go fully hipster on this shizzle,

Turf smoked dry cured rashers "tamworth pig breed",Lightly toasted artisan spelt sourdough, "real" butter, Avacado, poached free range corn fed chicken egg, doused with Bearnaise and topped with Himalayan seasalt,

Or galtee rashers, butter toast and ketchup, a mug of tea in a sports direct sized cup and countdown on the telly 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

To go fully hipster on this shizzle,

Turf smoked dry cured rashers "tamworth pig breed",Lightly toasted artisan spelt sourdough, "real" butter, Avacado, poached free range corn fed chicken egg, doused with Bearnaise and topped with Himalayan seasalt,

Or galtee rashers, butter toast and ketchup, a mug of tea in a sports direct sized cup and countdown on the telly 

Tell me where the hell I could buy that and I'm all for giving it a try :thumb: Or I'll pop up to yours for lunch.  Either's good :D 

Top quality sausage is an oxymoron surely.  You make sausages out of the bits that aren't proper food.  Lips, eyelids, beaks, arseholes, mechanically separated meat (MSM), connective tissue.  All that gubbins.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Top quality sausage is an oxymoron surely.  You make sausages out of the bits that aren't proper food.  Lips, eyelids, beaks, arseholes, mechanically separated meat (MSM), connective tissue.  All that gubbins.

Fair point, but some are much tastier than others. You generally get what you pay for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Fair point, but some are much tastier than others. You generally get what you pay for. 

Oh absolutely, on both the taste and the paying front.  I just ... never buy sausages.  When you factor the salt and fat into the equation, they're just an awful awful food.  And I'm far from a food snob.  I just see that as trying to tick every 'bad' box in one fell swoop.  Spread the 'bad' around a bit :) 

Â