Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

I can't understand what all the crap is surrounding a visa and immigration status. Surely this would all be in place for him to be able to play for Palace!

Yeah, can't he just overstay his visa like every other Australian and start working on the sly?

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

I can't understand what all the crap is surrounding a visa and immigration status. Surely this would all be in place for him to be able to play for Palace!

As I understand it (and I'm happy to be wrong) but it works something like, his employer are his "sponsor" for his work permit. As he is changing employer, his visa/work permit need to be resubmitted with his new "sponsor's" details.

1 minute ago, KSV said:

This is a bit of an idea...... 

3 year deal is a long time for a 32 year old midfielder. Granted.. he never relies on speed.. and may give us 1-2 good years.. but i was thinking if we are in the premier league by then.. and in that time Tony Xia has bought/started a new A - League club in Australia. His third year he could sign on loan to a new 'Villa' franchise in Australia. What better captain for the new 'Villa' Franchise in australia than the Australian captain. Heres the paper headlines.

"Australian skipper Mile Jedinak named captain for new A League side Sydney Villa."

That's a bloody good point mate (in Joe Mangel accent).

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

As I understand it (and I'm happy to be wrong) but it works something like, his employer are his "sponsor" for his work permit. As he is changing employer, his visa/work permit need to be resubmitted with his new "sponsor's" details.

What a load of bollocks if true. Should have told Immigration dept he was a strawberry picker from Romania then he would be fine!

31 minutes ago, KSV said:

This is a bit of an idea...... 

3 year deal is a long time for a 32 year old midfielder. Granted.. he never relies on speed.. and may give us 1-2 good years.. but i was thinking if we are in the premier league by then.. and in that time Tony Xia has bought/started a new A - League club in Australia. His third year he could sign on loan to a new 'Villa' franchise in Australia. What better captain for the new 'Villa' Franchise in australia than the Australian captain. Heres the paper headlines.

"Australian skipper Mile Jedinak named captain for new A League side Sydney Villa."

Certainly helps raise our profile there...

Did anyone watch this - it was very good.  When asked what one word described Villa he said "historic" and then "majestic" comes to mind.  When asked about RDM and Tony - said he met them as few times and you can feel their 'exuberance' and excitement about what they are trying to do here - it's rubbing off already he said.  About getting promoted from the division - stressed importance of everyone staying together through the highs and lows (take note VT).  He just comes across as a tough no-nonsense Aussie - no bullshit.  Brilliant.  

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

The more I think about this the more delighted I am. Our midfield has been bullied, weak, over run,  spacious , panicked , paper thin basically everything a midfield should not be for about 7 years and for me was the biggest reason we went down.

sure the defence was poor but the midfield offered no protection

sure we didn't score goals but the midfield didn't retain the ball to provide attacking service

sure we lost games after being ahead but the midfield was not calm enough to control play

sure we lost games late on in matches but the midfield had no composure to be comfortable in possession

In one signing we have helped to fix those problems. Our midfield will no longer be bullied or lack composure or be dominated by virtue of it being non existent. We may face teams with a better ability than ours at the moment but we won't face many with as much battle. Great signing the most important for this summer I'd say.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

@Richard can't help but agree there. I think Tshibola will prove very useful eventually and he's a big lad himself. Certainly a very combative central midfield partnership in the making!

Definitely agree - Tshibola looked very good on Tues - getting better every game.  Having a leader beside you will be a massive boon for him.

• Like 1

Â