International Football General Chat

villa4europe

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

We have better than Lee Dixon, surely? He straight up insults every team were playing.

This. As much because he just referred to the England defence as the Arsenal back 4 as anything else. Clearly got other stuff on his mind.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I actually think Bruce would produce more entertaining football than this :D

We've been good honestly.

Are some people being brainwashed by Lee Dixon talking about us like were 74 Brazil?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Are some people being brainwashed by Lee Dixon talking about us like were 74 Brazil?

They’re better than 5 at the back England at least. The shift from the defensive Heptagon to the Hexagon has been a revelation.

Where's the creator, ohh that's right Grealish ain't playing. On a serious note though, no one wants to create or risk anything. I know though this is the way England are going to be, no flair, no big wins, just maybe little progress. It's England 2021, Southgate believes it's the way to win tournaments.

Have we? We've created very, very little against what looks like a very below average Poland side. I'm bored out my mind, only watching because I'm at work. 

We've pressed well at times, what else have we done well?

• Like 1

It must be the remit, Townsend was exactly the same

Rooney shanks one out of the stadium from 30 yards out "well you can see what he's trying to do and it's the right idea" 

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Have we? We've created very, very little against what looks like a very below average Poland side. I'm bored out my mind, only watching because I'm at work. 

We've pressed well at times, what else have we done well?

We've had 3 really good chances to score. We're usually dire, we've been okay tonight so far.

Sterling shouldn't be starting with his form/general decision making but nevermind

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Can't agree mate/ How many shots on target would we have had if Bielsa had been manager? ;)

We' be winning 6-4, but then you'd just complain were shite at the back 😉

Â