Nintendo Switch

Chindie

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I didn't even catch it the first time, but Front Mission 2 is also being remade. A bonafide classic.

Also Klonoa 1 & 2 being remade for the Switch is awesome, they're like the perfect games for handheld mode.

The one that surprised me was the 48 Mario Kart 8 tracks for $25. They just breathed 2 years of more life into an 8 year old game :lol: . I wish they'd increase the difficulty/hecticness though.

Interesting to hear the Front Missions are classics. As I say, I'm intrigued. They had a bit of the XCOM about them.

I think MK8 could do with a massive freshen up if they're going to milk it for even longer. The menus and the whole UI are looking really dated, and I started feeling bored just loading it up. I couldn't get excited about those tracks—in fact, I sold MK to my brother for my niece!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rolta said:

Interesting to hear the Front Missions are classics. As I say, I'm intrigued. They had a bit of the XCOM about them.

I think MK8 could do with a massive freshen up if they're going to milk it for even longer. The menus and the whole UI are looking really dated, and I started feeling bored just loading it up. I couldn't get excited about those tracks—in fact, I sold MK to my brother for my niece!

Yeah I agree. I knew they weren't going to do a MK9 any time soon, so this is really just the best possible news in that respect. It's just been getting quite old, given the we've been playing the same tracks for almost a decade. When MK8 was fresh back on the Wii U it was one hell of an experience, especially when they started adding DLC. Hopefully this new DLC pack solves that issue and tides us over until MK9 drops in 2030 or whatever 😂 

• Like 1

On the scale of things we usually see from a Direct that was decent.

Fire Emblem Warriors - ok so it's another Warriors reskin, but they sell and if they're your thing they're great.

Advance Wars - another look at a beloved series coming back and looks really great.

No Man's Sky - impressive it's on Switch decent game.

Mario Strikers - a new Mario sports title, looks like they've put some effort into it. It'll sell well, it won't be incredible, meh.

Splatoon 3 - I don't get it, but people love it and the new footage ticked the boxes needed (if more drab and with worse music than usual).

Front Mission - remakes of acclaimed TRPGs out of nowhere.

Disney Speedstorm - meh. Mickey Kart F2P. Nobody cares.

Star Wars Force Unleashed - meh

Assassin's Creed 2 Collection - well it's been on everything else...

SD Gundam thing - basically for Japan but looked alright.

Chrono Cross remaster - finally confirmed, shrug.

Kirby - the extended look at it made it look genuinely brilliant

MLB - outside of a Sony game on the Switch, nobody cares

Kingdom Hearts - reminder the collection is coming, meh

Klonoa remake - out of nowhere return of a classic franchise

Portal collection - meh

Live A Live - remaster of an acclaimed JRPG released outside of Japan for the first time, cool.

Switch Sports - Wii Sports is one of the biggest selling games ever, and it was great. A new version for the Switch is a no brainer, and it looked great.

Drum game - they're big in Japan, shrug.

Triangle Strategy update - new demo reveal for an eagerly awaited RPG

Cuphead DLC - shrug

Metroid update - nice bonus.

Earthbound ports - nice classic rerelease

Bunch of B tier niche releases - fine whatever.

Mario Kart 8 DLC - a load of remastered tracks, cool. More content for a great game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - it's a beloved series getting a long awaited sequel. Fine.

There's not tonnes of stuff I'm dying to play there, but there's a few things in there and on the whole the standard of stuff they showed was way above what we usually get in these things.

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

On the scale of things we usually see from a Direct that was decent.

Fire Emblem Warriors - ok so it's another Warriors reskin, but they sell and if they're your thing they're great.

Advance Wars - another look at a beloved series coming back and looks really great.

No Man's Sky - impressive it's on Switch decent game.

Mario Strikers - a new Mario sports title, looks like they've put some effort into it. It'll sell well, it won't be incredible, meh.

Splatoon 3 - I don't get it, but people love it and the new footage ticked the boxes needed (if more drab and with worse music than usual).

Front Mission - remakes of acclaimed TRPGs out of nowhere.

Disney Speedstorm - meh. Mickey Kart F2P. Nobody cares.

Star Wars Force Unleashed - meh

Assassin's Creed 2 Collection - well it's been on everything else...

SD Gundam thing - basically for Japan but looked alright.

Chrono Cross remaster - finally confirmed, shrug.

Kirby - the extended look at it made it look genuinely brilliant

MLB - outside of a Sony game on the Switch, nobody cares

Kingdom Hearts - reminder the collection is coming, meh

Klonoa remake - out of nowhere return of a classic franchise

Portal collection - meh

Live A Live - remaster of an acclaimed JRPG released outside of Japan for the first time, cool.

Switch Sports - Wii Sports is one of the biggest selling games ever, and it was great. A new version for the Switch is a no brainer, and it looked great.

Drum game - they're big in Japan, shrug.

Triangle Strategy update - new demo reveal for an eagerly awaited RPG

Cuphead DLC - shrug

Metroid update - nice bonus.

Earthbound ports - nice classic rerelease

Bunch of B tier niche releases - fine whatever.

Mario Kart 8 DLC - a load of remastered tracks, cool. More content for a great game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - it's a beloved series getting a long awaited sequel. Fine.

There's not tonnes of stuff I'm dying to play there, but there's a few things in there and on the whole the standard of stuff they showed was way above what we usually get in these things.

It really was pretty good. Maybe because most of the stuff interested me, it was almost like it was targeted at me. Even the Gundam game I was literally looking at it the other day wondering when it'll get a Western release as I've suddenly become a Gundam enthusiast :lol: .

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It really was pretty good. Maybe because most of the stuff interested me, it was almost like it was targeted at me. Even the Gundam game I was literally looking at it the other day wondering when it'll get a Western release as I've suddenly become a Gundam enthusiast :lol: .

Gundam enthusiast how? I've no interest in the anime but over the last few years I've built up quite a large number of kits...

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Gundam enthusiast how? I've no interest in the anime but over the last few years I've built up quite a large number of kits...

Mostly the anime for now, but it's extended to games (there's some great ones on the PS2) and eventually I think I'll dabble in assembling some kits, just need to get more familiar with the series. I've been especially intrigued by the Breakers series where the games revolve around the actual Gunpla models and all the little customization that comes with that.

Just been on a mech binge in general, which is why the Front Mission announcements caught me off guard, it's like they knew what I wanted :lol: 

Edited by Keyblade

Thought the direct was ok. Loving the fact that they doing new tracks on MK. But whats wierd is the way they doing it. So if you pay for the online you get the tracks but if you cancel the online you lose the  MK tracks? Thats abit shit.

The wii sports is going ti be great i think. Was excellent on the wii

Looking forward to that mario soccer game. We should all form a club and be a 'villa nintendo club' and challenge 8 others online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thought the direct was ok. Loving the fact that they doing new tracks on MK. But whats wierd is the way they doing it. So if you pay for the online you get the tracks but if you cancel the online you lose the  MK tracks? Thats abit shit.

Looking forward to that mario soccer game. We should all form a club and be a 'villa nintendo club' and challenge 8 others online.

No difference from PS plus or Gamepass where you lose access. 

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You'd be paying more for the online expansion than the tracks themselves. It's incredibly great value for money, considering you're getting 48 tracks, which is more tracks than any Mario Kart game before 8 ever had.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You'd be paying more for the online expansion than the tracks themselves. It's incredibly great value for money, considering you're getting 48 tracks, which is more tracks than any Mario Kart game before 8 ever had.

I think i was reading the tracks are getting spread over 2 years. Would have liked some extra chatchters as well. Maybe sonic?

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Links Awakening remake looks like it's on it. I'd recommend that for anyone who hasn't played it

I have that but yet to play (currently on a Zelda journey - via my 2DS, Switch and Wii). I have looked at the game and it does look charming and brilliant - currently I am on a Link Between Worlds and it looks similar (maybe I am wrong).

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Anything you suggest?

Donkey kong tropical breeze, and as stevo highlighted links awakenong remake.  SR3 nad 4 and i think yooka is on there.  Ill have a look again later and suggest some others. What kind of games you like?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Donkey kong tropical breeze, and as stevo highlighted links awakenong remake.  SR3 nad 4 and i think yooka is on there.  Ill have a look again later and suggest some others. What kind of games you like?

I LOVE top down JRPG type games (Ys Origins as an example, or even Bravely Default, I have FF7/8/9 and 12 (although that isn't quite the same) but you get my drift.

Tropical Breeze is a good shout as I love that style of game and don't have that - I do have DK on my 2DS... can't remember what one that is.

If GRID is on offer I recommend that as the best racer on the console btw.

Edited by avfcDJ

Â