Nintendo Switch

Chindie

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Love this console. A shame there aren't more big NIntendo titles for it though.

I've got Mario Kart, Zelda and Mario Odyssey and kind of feel like I've got all the big games I'm interested in. Pokemon is the only other one but I've never been a big fan of pokemon games. I find turn based combat really really boring. It even turned me off FF7.
And I've never been a Smash Bros fan either.

Are there any other big games I'm missing?

Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not turn-based) are the other major heavy hitters you're missing. There are also a couple of Street Fighter and Megaman X collections on the eShop that are pretty neat.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Love this console. A shame there aren't more big NIntendo titles for it though.

I've got Mario Kart, Zelda and Mario Odyssey and kind of feel like I've got all the big games I'm interested in. Pokemon is the only other one but I've never been a big fan of pokemon games. I find turn based combat really really boring. It even turned me off FF7.
And I've never been a Smash Bros fan either.

Are there any other big games I'm missing?

- NBA 2k 

- Diablo

- Horizon Chase

- Resident Evil origins

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

How could you not love Smash

Superb game. The only thing I don't like is the lack of story mode. World of light isn't bad but its not like the story mode they had for the wii  which was brilliant 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Superb game. The only thing I don't like is the lack of story mode. World of light isn't bad but its not like the story mode they had for the wii  which was brilliant 

Subspace Emissary in Brawl was so cool, but the actual gameplay I found tedious. Boring platforming and such, but the story was awesome :D 

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Subspace Emissary in Brawl was so cool, but the actual gameplay I found tedious. Boring platforming and such, but the story was awesome :D 

Yeah that's it the subspace emissary was bloody excellent t ws srealky hoping for something similar for this one. 

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah that's it the subspace emissary was bloody excellent t ws srealky hoping for something similar for this one. 

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

How could you not love Smash

I've always found it to be button bashing tedium, like most beat 'em up games.

I guess it's fun with some mates. Beat em ups in general have just never done it for me and Smash Bros is no exception. It's boring.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've always found it to be button bashing tedium, like most beat 'em up games.

I guess it's fun with some mates. Beat em ups in general have just never done it for me and Smash Bros is no exception. It's boring.

I guess it sort of plays like a beat em up when it's a 4+ player brawl with items on, but the game is much much deeper than that. It plays almost like a traditional fighting game with all the tech and movement options. Not sure how much you're into fighting games, but if you can find yourself someone to spar with (or play online perhaps, but once you get good enough, online becomes tedious with all the unsavoury characters on there...like the one from the clip), it's such a rich and fun experience. To illustrate this, I've had Ultimate for more than a month now, and I still haven't played a single traditional 4 player brawl with items on...and I absolutely love playing that way. 

Competitive smash is a whole different beast. Check out this hype set from a couple of weeks ago.

On 08/03/2019 at 20:42, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately I have zero interest in ever getting into it to be honest. Fighting games just aren't my thing.

Ditto. I've not even thought about buying it. The only fighting games I played were WWE Attitude and the Smackdown games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nintendo has announced two new switches one version is a pro version. 

Interesting I wonder if this will have better online interaction with head sets as opposed to that lame app. 

Not official, it’s from a WSJ article and while maybe not 100% accurate it’s widely expected to be made official in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why in the **** name of all that is holy am I not able to walk into a game store and purchase the HD remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the bloody Switch yet?

Its seems like such an obvious no brainier. Reduced sales on a widely shunned console vs the user base they have now with the switch. It’s £££££££ waiting to be got.

Stupid Nintendo.

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why in the **** name of all that is holy am I not able to walk into a game store and purchase the HD remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the bloody Switch yet?

Its seems like such an obvious no brainier. Reduced sales on a widely shunned console vs the user base they have now with the switch. It’s £££££££ waiting to be got.

Stupid Nintendo.

Not really sure 13.6 million cwii-u consoles ounts as widely shunned..

The Zelda remasters didn't sell especially well though but it surely can't be too much work to port them across. Nintendo are Nintendo though so who knows what they have planned.

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Stupid Nintendo.

I agree I don't understand Nintendo decisions at times. The online content the nes only is a bloody joke. They hardly update it and nes is so old now no one really plays it. 

Why they haven't included a snes and n64 library of games to keep people entertained ill never know. I guess they will release a n64 classic perhaps to try obtain more money. 

The same applies with zelda and othe egames like Mario 3d World. Why these two game have not been ported I will never know. Nintendo are stupid at times. 

Â