Nintendo Switch

Chindie

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of talk last few days that the Witcher 3 might be coming to the Switch.

Given that the game was pushing the full scale consoles (in some cases beyond what they could do a good standard), getting it running on the Switch would be a ridiculous achievement. It would have to be a near enough ground up rebuild, you couldn't just port the existing game as every element would be too much for the Switch.

There has been some theorising it could be similar to how Resi 7 was running on the system, through streaming (Japan only I think though?). Which would in itself be interesting. But if it gets a 'proper' release, the tech geeks are going to have a field day working out how they've managed it.

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

A lot of talk last few days that the Witcher 3 might be coming to the Switch.

Given that the game was pushing the full scale consoles (in some cases beyond what they could do a good standard), getting it running on the Switch would be a ridiculous achievement. It would have to be a near enough ground up rebuild, you couldn't just port the existing game as every element would be too much for the Switch.

There has been some theorising it could be similar to how Resi 7 was running on the system, through streaming (Japan only I think though?). Which would in itself be interesting. But if it gets a 'proper' release, the tech geeks are going to have a field day working out how they've managed it.

Yeah I've heard this. This could be brilliant if true. Maybe they intend to bring out a stronger switch console that can handle it? There have been rumours of a new model version coming out. 

I got saints row 3 on it and the games almost as good as the ps3 version. 

There is also rumours of gta coming on switch. Hope that's true. 

It would have to be a combo of a more powerful console and a stripped back version of Witcher for it to be possible. Dragons Dogma works really well which gives me hope but still, The Witcher is another thing entirely.

Custom made non numbered new GTA game I wonder? Would be the best option but cant see it, will be a last gen port of V that struggles to run at 30fps. IF it happens at all.

I just want Skyward Sword HD 😫

In other news, Ni No Kuni 1 has apparently leaked for the switch, a straight port of the ps3 version rather than the remake with bells and whistles coming to ps4/xbox one mind you but still! Looking forward to that.

Edited by Ingram85

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

In another news, Ni No Kuni 1 has apparently leaked for the switch, a straight port of the ps3 version rather than a remake with bells and whistles xoming to ps4/xbox one mind you but still! Looking forward to that.

One of the greatest games of all time.

I'll be picking up the ps4 remake rather than the Switch version though.

On 08/06/2019 at 14:46, Ingram85 said:

In other news, Ni No Kuni 1 has apparently leaked for the switch, a straight port of the ps3 version rather than the remake with bells and whistles coming to ps4/xbox one mind you but still! Looking forward to that.

Woah, I wanted this because of others on here (Isle of Man dude, and some others) now I need to get my drifting dick fixed, my ex did warn me it would cause issues.

Nah, I won't change that autocorrect hahahaha 😂

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

These are still ridiculously expensive. Still really want to play Zelda and Mario, but it will cost about £400 for a Switch, 2 games and a "pro controller" thing. Crazy.

Yes the main games are still over priced. Nintendo are unfortunately ripping us off for this console

Managed to find a Switch for £230 and Mario for £30 so decided to take the plunge. 

Anyone know of any decent travel cases that also have a battery for charging?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Managed to find a Switch for £230 and Mario for £30 so decided to take the plunge. 

Anyone know of any decent travel cases that also have a battery for charging?

Get a power bank mate and a case seperate case. Power banks are great for travelling.

If you decide to get mk add me send me your friend code amd we can play online

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Been getting stuck in Mario Kart recently. Got way too excited when I saw there was an Excitebike track. I loved that game!

Let me know if you ever want a game online pal!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

The Mario Odyssey game is a bit good, isn't it? 

I got it 4 months back and played it for almost 3 months. It's an excellent game with a lot to do even after the beat the story. 

Closing in on 100 physical games. Best system I've ever owned and still more to come once some old remastered finally arrive and they give us snes/n64 stuff hopefully. Overtook the game cube as my favourite console now. Only thing that needs fixing is the reliability of the joycons. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The Mario Odyssey game is a bit good, isn't it? 

It’s brilliant you will be on it fir a while if you’re anal like MeV Andy want to get all the moons

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Closing in on 100 physical games. Best system I've ever owned and still more to come once some old remastered finally arrive and they give us snes/n64 stuff hopefully. Overtook the game cube as my favourite console now. Only thing that needs fixing is the reliability of the joycons. 

I dint think they will give us n64 stuff sadly. I think they will do a n64 classic and milk that. I can’t see SNES though coming eventually. I don’t know why they bother with nes. It looks lame on these smart TVs. SNES won’t  look as bad

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

What the ****? You must be a super fan!!

edit: sorry I misread. I thought you meant you owned 100 physical games 😬😬

Edited by Stevo985

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What the ****? You must be a super fan!!

edit: sorry I misread. I thought you meant you owned 100 physical games 😬😬

Yep, I've got about 90 physical switch games on my shelf. I have a handful of digital games like FF7 & 9 but I love having something tangible to own. Most are limited produced runs of digital only titles. 

• Like 2

Â