2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro

StanBalaban

Some of the stuff in Rio I can't tell if they've misjudged the political and economical unrest or if they've misjudged the tourism or if there just simply isn't the interest in those sports

a football match a 2 hour flight away from Rio that's been drawn months a go and is 2 teams no one cares a bout and very few away fans will go to...you can't misjudge that, they must have known the attendance would be shit and they chose to do nothing about it, its daft

2 hours ago, sne said:

Gotta love this picture of Michael Phelps with Justin Gatlin

IMG_7515 (4)

The same Phelps who a day later slated the Russian swimmers for being cheaters.

What a ginormous bell end and hypocrite.

Nationalism often trumps morals at the Olympics. Sad!

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Another horror injury, this time in the weightlifting. :puke:

Could have been worse, at least his arsehole didn't turn inside out

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the majority focus just on 7's... Probably not good enough  at 15

As someone who's ignorant to it it almost at times seems a bit more like the skill set of league but with the rules of union, bit more built around breaking fast and dodging tackles rather than breaking tackles and playing territory 

• Like 1

I don't particularly like Phelps and I don't think he's the greatest Olympian regardless of the medal haul, but I've never quite liked the sniffy viewpoint on swimming medals. Whilst the difference between disciplines isn't like the difference disciplines in a decathlon, it still requires mastery of quite different movements to be as good as he is. Not everyone can compete in the number of events he does even in the pool. His dominance is still a big achievement over so many events over such a period.

Â