2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro

StanBalaban

1 minute ago, Meath_Villan said:

odd ......must have quit juicing before the Olympics ...should have just pulled out like some of the golfers :ph34r::ph34r: 

Does she strike you like the kind of person that pulls out? ;):D

Edited by snowychap

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, I'm not a racing cyclist, just somebody who has been following the story.  

It probably has damaged our medal propects - although lets wait and see first - but winning medals isn't so incredibly important that it removes all moral questions from consideration. We aren't fighting a war, so we can't just suppress inconvenient news. 

EDIT: I should reiterate, I'm not looking for a fight, and I'm not looking to spend all evening in a back-and-forth on this. This is my opinion, in as considered a manner as I can give it; if I persuaded you, great, if I didn't, I didn't. Have a good evening anyway. 

Cheers HV - that's fine, we'll just agree to disagree. The question re. being a racing cyclist was not to demean either you or your views but rather that would have heard how an number of these riders are often viewed in the local cycling world - 2 of them have strong local connections. Fingers crossed for the track squad.

Gotta love this picture of Michael Phelps with Justin Gatlin

IMG_7515 (4)

The same Phelps who a day later slated the Russian swimmers for being cheaters.

What a ginormous bell end and hypocrite.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Watching Japan vs Sweden in the football, it's in Salvador in a brand new 55k stadium I'm assuming built for the World Cup, I'd be amazed if there was 10k people in there

why haven't they made it affordable for locals or given them away?

Most events have been nearly empty, there's been hardly anyone at the boxing for example. It's been one of the many problems with these Olympics.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watching Japan vs Sweden in the football, it's in Salvador in a brand new 55k stadium I'm assuming built for the World Cup, I'd be amazed if there was 10k people in there

why haven't they made it affordable for locals or given them away?

These international sporting events only really care about the money and the TV rights rather than the locals.  I think a lot of the events are priced at nearly a month's minimum wage in Brazil or something daft.

Â