2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro

StanBalaban

after struggling to get involved i managed to catch the shooting bronze and the diving bronze so far, currently watching the gymnastics but dont think ill last for the rugby 7s, could be 4 bronzes tonight

2 rugby 7s games a couple of hours apart seems a bit grueling 

23 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I can't be the only one who can't watch the Russians compete at any event without a voice in the back of my head going "cheat, cheat, cheat.."

Sure the Olympics is just a competition for those who haven't got caught yet 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

this could be better than bronze for the gymnasts...

that nile wilson could be in for the horizontal bar individual too, absolutely smashed it

Pommel horse could get us a medal.. Think it's our strongest event

Don't think so, just looked like Canadia were really up for it, played a really physical game and GBR didn't really offload/quick ball from the breakdown enough to make use of their quicker players and jsut ended up getting counter rucked off the park.  Shame, but there we are.

On the plus point, one of the Germany beach volleyballers is sporting one of the most ridiculous hats you'll see in a sporting arena.

10 hours ago, jon_c said:

An Olympics that is already struggling for cash is never going to re-lay the kerb on 250km of road.

It probably would have been helped if they had laid out a few padded gym mats around the most dangerous corners though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jon_c said:

I can't be the only one who can't watch the Russians compete at any event without a voice in the back of my head going "cheat, cheat, cheat.."

I feel the same way watching athletes from the US (and Turkey and Greece and Nigeria and Kenya, and China and... 

whilst watching the gymnastics last night and some american bloke did the parallel bars, did nothing special on it, scored something low 15 (bearing in mind the chinese had just destroyed it...) landed, the chant for "U-S-A" started up, he started screaming, pointing at his team mates "lets do this" "come on" "we got this"

i was **** delighted when that bloke fell off the horizontal bars

and there was a diver called Steele...first name of Steele...im not having that

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and there was a diver called Steele...first name of Steele...im not having that

You missed the best part! His surname was Johnson

Pfffffft! Metal Dick

• Like 1

Â