Keith Wyness

villan-scott

17 minutes ago, Dick said:

They will get promoted and receive a £5m fine. That’ll be it. The EFL won’t want a case where Wolves appeal and promotion becomes messy. 

Hard to say what punishment they will get when we don’t know the extent of what they have or have t done , as regards appealing , if found guilty then the rules were clear enough and the efl said they reiterated this to all clubs ,

any clubs could appeal - ultimately other clubs in England and Europe have been penalised far higher than fines - we can only wait and see - like the efl said - all options are on the table .

It may well be wolves have broken no rules so if that’s the case they need not worry - either way it’s what we do on the pitch in the next 11 games that matters . 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nice of you chaps to come on here and explain. You worried or do you think this is all a bit melodramatic?

I'm not worried really Jareth. Fosun are a huge organisation owning a number of Companies around the world, Thomas Cook being one of them. I'd say that one of the reasons they have got into football would be to get further exposure to their Worldwide  brands and I would imagine that one of their companies will be sponsoring us when the deal with the Money Shop runs out. If it is to come out that Wolves "cheated" their way into the Premier League it wouldn't look good for Fosun and their business interests. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nice of you chaps to come on here and explain. You worried or do you think this is all a bit melodramatic?

Well, we don't know any more than you.

I'm slightly worried there may be stuff we don't know about, but if the only concern is Fosun part owning some of Mendes' agency, I don't really see that as a problem.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I'm slightly worried there may be stuff we don't know about, but if the only concern is Fosun part owning some of Mendes' agency, I don't really see that as a problem.

I am not dismissing any wrong doing, because I simply don't know if any wrong doing has been done.

but at a fans level.....I liked Neil Warnocks comment when he said "their fans have been in the doldrums for so long, so good luck to them"

I was pleased for Man City fans ....in the light of what Chelsea done....and living in UTD's shadow.

I want Aston Villa to gain a bit of good fortune, getting expensive signings to "show out",would be a start and not attracting long term injuries, would be a plus.

Other clubs like yours, will do all they can to succeed......we must do the same.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Just enjoy watching your players perform every week......leave the politics to the hierarchy at the club......if I was in your shoes.....i wouldn't give a flying ****

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just enjoy watching your players perform every week......leave the politics to the hierarchy at the club......if I was in your shoes.....i wouldn't give a flying ****

Cheers chap :) it’s been a great season in general. 

I’ll never forget Gabby showing his Ikeme tshirt after his goal against Hull. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Wolves should technically do us, given their talent, which they assembled in dodgy fashion. That happens then Wyness' accusation is strengthened if anything. 

If we lose it's because they cheated and if we win it's because cheaters never prosper! 

Brilliant!!

• Haha 2

So this is what Wyness is on about - deliberate underpaying of players (as far as the books are concerned) in order to stay within FFP. But still, even with this huge cheating they are likely to be over FFP anyway. Unbelievable cheek to say that these players have come to Wolves (like they even know where it is) to be part of an aspirational project and will accept £20k per week. It defies all logic - footballers are greedy and go where they are paid most. 

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So this is what Wyness is on about - deliberate underpaying of players (as far as the books are concerned) in order to stay within FFP. But still, even with this huge cheating they are likely to be over FFP anyway. Unbelievable cheek to say that these players have come to Wolves (like they even know where it is) to be part of an aspirational project and will accept £20k per week. It defies all logic - footballers are greedy and go where they are paid most. 

The likes of Neves, Costa, Jota and Boly couldn't get in their respective clubs first team last season. They were plying their trade in a league that doesn't have anywhere near the financial clout of England and with the exception of Boly they are barely out of small trousers. I doubt that any of them were at anywhere near £20k a week last season. As for them all being wonder kids who everyone in Europe was trying to sign, please read the following article.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolves-transfers-dont-fit-leeds-owners-rant-perhaps-look-closer-home/

1 minute ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

The likes of Neves, Costa, Jota and Boly couldn't get in their respective clubs first team last season. They were plying their trade in a league that doesn't have anywhere near the financial clout of England and with the exception of Boly they are barely out of small trousers. I doubt that any of them were at anywhere near £20k a week last season. As for them all being wonder kids who everyone in Europe was trying to sign, please read the following article.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolves-transfers-dont-fit-leeds-owners-rant-perhaps-look-closer-home/

Don’t tell us mate tell the judge :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At the start of the season most were laughing at our recruitment of manager and players. There was a championship preview programme on five live where all the presenters and guests were giggling about how badly wrong we'd got it. Players not up to the physical nature of the league, a manager that knows f all about it, they won't like it up em, they'll be crap when it's cold and on a wet night in Barnsley. Paddy powered even tweeted out mocking us for signing Barry Douglas whereas Villa were signing John Terry. The talk of doing stuff illegal only started to surface when we were walking the league ( something we're not doing now). Steve Bruce talks of Champion's league players whereas he signed the captain of a winning champions league club whereas it was widely reported last season (in Portugal) that Neves was in tears one night as he couldn't get in Porto's champions league team.

2 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Steve Bruce talks of Champion's league players whereas he signed the captain of a winning champions league club whereas it was widely reported last season (in Portugal) that Neves was in tears one night as he couldn't get in Porto's champions league team.

And then we also pay John Terry his full wage for his services, thereby preventing us from signing other players. Now if we just gave him a third of his wages we might be able to get more players in and not break FFP, genius really. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

And then we also pay John Terry his full wage for his services, thereby preventing us from signing other players. Now if we just gave him a third of his wages we might be able to get more players in and not break FFP, genius really. 

It’s not illegal to pay a player less.

Â